News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Made in USA

Started by StreamFixer, February 09, 2020, 08:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StreamFixer

It should never hurts to buy made in USA...  Please post Made in USA Companies in this thread.  Just who, what and how to find them.  We do not wish to hear about how good or bad a product maybe or what your experiences with a manufacturer may have been in this thread.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

croaker stroker

New Balance Tennis Shoes.

https://www.newbalance.com/made-in-us-and-uk/

Seigler Fishing Reels...

https://www.seigler.fish/

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Svinny88

1998 15'11" sea explorer. 2020 Honda bf100
"T roLL on 1"

Svinny88

"T roLL on 1"

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Fisherdv

2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

mustang65fbk

I'm still waiting for Avet to come out with their lever drag level-wind reel they said they were going to come out with years ago.  I'd spend $300-400 or more if it meant having an American made lever drag level-wind reel.  I bought one from Okuma last summer and it's been great so far but would love to support our own country and buy American.  As far as I know all of the other LD/LW reels are made overseas or with overseas parts, except maybe the Penn International?  Idk. 
2003 21' Sea Ranger Skip Top
2003 Honda 130hp 4 Stroke

Wiley

Quote from: mustang65fbk on February 10, 2020, 11:48:41 AM
I'm still waiting for Avet to come out with their lever drag level-wind reel they said they were going to come out with years ago.  I'd spend $300-400 or more if it meant having an American made lever drag level-wind reel.  I bought one from Okuma last summer and it's been great so far but would love to support our own country and buy American.  As far as I know all of the other LD/LW reels are made overseas or with overseas parts, except maybe the Penn International?  Idk.
Our local shop owner is pretty tight with Avet and asked about a level wind a few years ago... the response was "what do you want me to go out of business "
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

mustang65fbk

Quote from: Wiley on February 19, 2020, 03:07:58 PM
Quote from: mustang65fbk on February 10, 2020, 11:48:41 AM
Our local shop owner is pretty tight with Avet and asked about a level wind a few years ago... the response was "what do you want me to go out of business "

I called Avet up a couple years ago about the idea and the person I spoke with on the phone said they were coming up with a prototype for a lever drag with a level-wind but they were still in the early phases of doing so.  That was a couple years ago and haven't seen or heard of anything since then. 

Svinny88

Level wind and lever drag are 2 things that don't quite go together  I looked for a company that makes one, and my search came up with nothing over the past couple years  there's something that won't quite jive well together with these 2 options , I can't remember what though
"T roLL on 1"

mustang65fbk

Quote from: Svinny88 on February 20, 2020, 04:17:46 PM
Level wind and lever drag are 2 things that don't quite go together  I looked for a company that makes one, and my search came up with nothing over the past couple years  there's something that won't quite jive well together with these 2 options , I can't remember what though

Really? A quick google search proves otherwise. Shimano makes their Charter Special and Okuma makes their Solterra series of reels. Both are lever drags along with being a level-wind and both are quite good. The Okuma is a lot beefier than the Shimano and I also like it better. The Shimano is smaller, looks and feels cheaper and I can't stand the knob/arm assembly. There are also a couple other companies that do the combination of being a lever drag with a level-wind. Penn used to make the International which had both options but yeah... there are at least 3-4 different manufacturers that make both options together.

Svinny88

Ah... you are correct   I was searching for level wind, line counter, lever drag !  The "triple L" lol
"T roLL on 1"

mustang65fbk

Correct.  There isn't a reel that I know of which has all 3 options.  I've tried the line counter before with halibut fishing and to me it has its place but not a deal breaker.  For salmon fishing and trolling though?  No way.  I'd say 90% of my fishing is for silvers at less than 50' and at less than 200-300' total depth of the water.  When I do go fishing for kings and am hugging the bottom, I'm using my GPS and downriggers and know pretty accurately how deep I am.  Silvers are pretty easy fishing in that they usually go straight to the surface and jump, so you know about how far out they are.  Kings are somewhat more difficult in that they can dive straight down.  That being said, most of the time I fish for kings it's in less than 150' of water as I only have a couple hundred feet of braid on my downriggers. 

Tesoro

I have been wearing the same boots since the 80's
Kinda choked when I bought a new pair a few years back.

https://www.danner.com/explorer-6-brown.html
2009 21HT Yam 150/8 'Hogfish'

I'd rather be drinking in a bar wishing I was on the ocean, than be on the ocean wishing I was in a bar.

croaker stroker

$260.00     :doh:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Tursiops

KeelGuard and other products by Megaware:

https://keelguard.com/
Mummichog: 1995 Sea Explorer 1511, Mercury 75HP ELPTO

DARice

Quote from: croaker stroker on February 09, 2020, 08:20:18 PM
New Balance Tennis Shoes.

https://www.newbalance.com/made-in-us-and-uk/

Seigler Fishing Reels...

https://www.seigler.fish/

I have one of these, an SG, originally purchased for kayak fishing. Fantastic reel at a very fair price for the quality. Has tamed it's fair share of good sized fish!

Dave

2005 Sea Chaser 17 Pilot House, Lost Sailor
'21 Honda 90, Yamaha T9.9

RiverTec_Chris

River Tec products are manufactured in USA  :flag:

www.RIVERTEC.net

Owner of River Tec - www.RIVERTEC.net
89' 19' Arima SR - repowered *Sold
04' Grady White Seafarer 228
04' Willie Drift Boat 17x60
92' 17' SR - repowered *Sold

SoCalAngler

Galvan Fly Reels!
Cheers to the Galvan Family!

One of the BEST fly reels made!
Made in Cali....U.S.A.!!

https://galvanflyreels.com/
1988 Arima Sea Sprinter; '98 Honda BF50hp
1988 EZ Loader Galvanized Roller Trailer
Located in......?

Ed De Explorer

I was made in the USA... :flagwave:

Overlake Hospital Bellevue WA 1971

Pretty sure I was made well, I've worn out several boots and I haven't broke yet.
Never been to China. I've only exported to Canada a couple times "Eh". Checked out Whistler and the Canadian Rockies. Spent a few Loonies and Toonies up there. Beautiful Country!!!

I am sure I'll be around for a whole lot longer as I tell my wife "your not getting rid of me that easy"

USAED

Ed
91 Sea Explorer 16'

hskbvn

1988 17 Sea Ranger
2007 Yamaha 90HP Main
2013 Yamaha 9.9HP kicker