News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Is there a downside to a hard top ?

Started by strokersquid, January 19, 2014, 11:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker stroker

Trying hard to stay on subject.....Down side to any top for me is it gets in the way of casting. I like to go topless.

Hmmm....considering Marks offer....
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

fordtrbo

Salmon King,  Well.....I guess you have not fished Eagle Lake in December?  Sub zero would be what we call "slang"....but I assure you a Buddy heater would be more than welcome!!  :jester:  In California, anything below the 40's we consider COLD and almost freezing!!  Eagle Lake elevation is 5100 feet and the lake freezes over until the early spring....... :fishing:

oldbhtrnewequip

Nothing but upside in my book for my needs.

I fish the Chesapeake....and for the longest time was considering center consoles.
Granted my 19 Ft SR HT is the only boat I have ever owned.

It can get pretty rough out there....e.g. Today the polar bear plunge was cancelled.

It keeps me dry when otherwise in a cc I'd be soaked.

In the summers 90 on the water is not out of the question.
Breeze works and if not...step out back...
No breeze....you're gonna want to be out of the sun for sure.... And typically looking for shade on long days anyway.

He HT is perfection in my book....coming from a 5'8" guy who automatically ducks when appropriate with out even thinking about it now two Years in.... First few months I hit the ole noggin a few times.

Good luck!!!!!!

I'd make the same decision again in a heartbeat.....

strokersquid

cool i am looking at a couple now. any idea what a 2004 19 SR hardtop with Lowrance radar, an HD8, 115 fuel injected 2004 johnson ( hours unknown )and 8 HP johnson 4st kicker would be worth ? has the dual storage seats with seats on the top and 2 scotty downriggers. have pics no idea how to put them on. seller says 30k but i doubt it. on a single axel galvanized trailer with brakes.I would say good but not pristine condition.

Salmon King

Is that Johnson a 4-stroke or a Saltwater 2-stroke?
Without pictures and knowing more about the hours or condition of said motors I'd start at about 24-26k area.
I think 26 would be my top end though, any more than that and I'd look for one with a newer main.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

StreamFixer

Here is a link on posting pictures (found under Forum tips section)

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=130.0

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Stroker......Confirming our conversation: Be patient...ready to pounce with cash....30K is too much. And your having access to that good 115 4 stroker gives you lots of lattitude to find a good boat which may be poorly powered then change out the motors or better with good motors up to 25K...You likely may even find a good 21 within your budget.  It will come along. Good luck!  JW
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

GregE

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait