News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Pilothouse Install

Started by Chevyeater707, November 24, 2021, 12:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chevyeater707

Pilothouse built by Ryan at Off the Hook Boat works is here!! Install will happen on Saturday. Looks great. Will post pics after install
2003 19 Sea Ranger 90 Honda
Bay Area, CA

AJFishin

Very cool ! Looking forward to hear how the install went and what you think about it, don't forget to take some pictures !
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

martin3

It is exciting to see more the Pilothouses coming out of the mold.

MJM3

1990 SR Skip Top  "Gypsea Soul"
2013 Etec 115H.O.

Chevyeater707

The build quality is pretty amazing. He is a total craftsman. Looks like it came from the factory.
Bay Area, CA

christianbrat

how heavy is it in that configuration? can you stand on the roof?
1989 Sea Explorer 16 w/ Custom Pilot House
2007 Honda BF90 & 2002 BF5
Built not Bought

If I could be an appliance I would be a toaster

Pdxmgunner

I'll get you a nice SS emblem to go on there.  :jester: :jester: :jester:

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: Chevyeater707 on November 24, 2021, 04:12:35 PM
The build quality is pretty amazing. He is a total craftsman. Looks like it came from the factory.

Cant wait to come do the install with you Saturday!

Wiley

This is gonna be Gooood ! Can't wait for the pictures  :popcorn: :flagwave:
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Wiley

This is gonna be Gooood ! Can't wait for the pictures  :popcorn: :flagwave:
10' Don Hill Pram

mariner

Quote from: Chevyeater707 on November 24, 2021, 12:04:37 PM
Pilothouse built by Ryan at Off the Hook Boat works is here!! Install will happen on Saturday. Looks great. Will post pics after install

Very nice looking pilot house.   Do you plan on reinforcing or bracing it down somehow to prevent any sway when going over chop?  Only if you are comfortable with sharing the info, how much did it cost to get that done in case a fellow 19SR wants to do something similar?  While I like my HT, I have always wanted more head clearance and bigger side windows and possibly a sturdy enough frame that would allow me to stack some things on top like a cooler or prawn or crab pots.
1999 19 Sea Ranger HT: 2018 Merc115 CT ProXS: 2018 Merc9.9 ProKicker

Chevyeater707

I am fortunate that Ryan who built the pilothouse is down here and going to help install this Saturday. Don't think it needs any bracing, it's super solid. Weight is not bad, maybe 125-150 lbs. I don't know about standing on the roof. Certainly seems like it will be fine but I would have to ask Ryan about that. Pilothouse was $5200.  Not sure if price has changed since I ordered
Bay Area, CA

fishmeister

Pics of the boat and pilot house are definitely a must.  But, if you managed to sneak in more of the car, it might be a nice "bonus".
1981 Sea Hunter (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

christianbrat

Quote from: mariner on November 24, 2021, 08:02:07 PM
Quote from: Chevyeater707 on November 24, 2021, 12:04:37 PM

Very nice looking pilot house.   Do you plan on reinforcing or bracing it down somehow to prevent any sway when going over chop?  Only if you are comfortable with sharing the info, how much did it cost to get that done in case a fellow 19SR wants to do something similar?  While I like my HT, I have always wanted more head clearance and bigger side windows and possibly a sturdy enough frame that would allow me to stack some things on top like a cooler or prawn or crab pots.

19ht is a different helm/cockpit than sr19.
1989 Sea Explorer 16 w/ Custom Pilot House
2007 Honda BF90 & 2002 BF5
Built not Bought

If I could be an appliance I would be a toaster

headduck

That's like leaving the fish to find more fish... 

A better pic of that red rocket please.  :beerchug:
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

Chevyeater707

Here is a better picture of my car
Bay Area, CA

Wiley

I thought it was an SS. Now it makes sense "Chevyeater707"  my Duh ! She's a beauty. 455 Wildcat ???
10' Don Hill Pram

polarbill1999

Yeah, sweet car (and hardtop).  My dad had my grandpas 67 riviera GS with 430 fully restored to be his work car.   We were actually just talking about muscle cars and I commented on the 67 Buick grand sport.  Great looking vehicle and 67 might be the best single year for muscle cars. 

How close is this one?
Brett
1996 Sea Chaser 16 the "Rhumb Runner"
70hp Envinrude VRO
6hp Tohatsu 4 stroke

Pdxmgunner

Quote from: Wiley on November 25, 2021, 06:57:02 PM
I thought it was an SS. Now it makes sense "Chevyeater707"  my Duh ! She's a beauty. 455 Wildcat ???

I thought it was a Ranchero. Love the Buick, the Grand Nationals are pretty slick too. I have nothing against any make for the record, all in jest..

SS is for salmon slayer on my ride.  :fishing:

Chevyeater707

This one has the baby V8, original 300. Always wanted a Skylark. First car was a 65 Lemans. Just wanted something to cruise around in until I drop a nailhead in it. Have to do that when it's not fishing season. 65-67 were all pretty close, just small differences that make finding parts a challenge
Bay Area, CA

fishmeister

:clap:  Nice looking car.  Thanks for the pics.
1981 Sea Hunter (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

Wiley

Quote from: Chevyeater707 on November 26, 2021, 07:01:22 AM
This one has the baby V8, original 300. Always wanted a Skylark. First car was a 65 Lemans. Just wanted something to cruise around in until I drop a nailhead in it. Have to do that when it's not fishing season. 65-67 were all pretty close, just small differences that make finding parts a challenge
It's always fishing season around here !  :fishing:
10' Don Hill Pram

B-TownRanger

QuoteCant wait to come do the install with you Saturday!
Well? Is it done yet? Where are the pictures? :jester: Can you tell I'm Jonesing for a pilot house!

1989 Sea Ranger 19 - 2004 BF150 Honda

Off The Hook Boat Works

Here are a couple of pictures of our pilot house on the Sea Ranger model.  Came really close to fitting, but they have a slightly different top cap than the Sea Chaser model. Nothing we cant fix! With a couple of little modifications they are sure to fit nicely!

You can see the issue we had in the last pic... not to bad!

AJFishin

Looks good and having a pilot house on the SR looks great! Sucks there was a minor hiccup, but glad to hear it's something that can be easily addressed.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

Off The Hook Boat Works

Quote from: AJFishin on November 28, 2021, 10:09:04 AM
Looks good and having a pilot house on the SR looks great! Sucks there was a minor hiccup, but glad to hear it's something that can be easily addressed.

Ya, the top cap is the same shape, just a little flatter from front to back.