News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Area 10/11 Opener This Friday

Started by PNWMatt2023, February 27, 2024, 09:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PNWMatt2023

So who is all heading out? What MA are you planning on hitting? I plan to fish 10 Friday AM, launching out of Edmonds and running South or getting in the obnoxious Shilshole line and dealing with lots of people. Hopefully there are larger fish lurking and won't be so rare to find! If you are planning on fishing in that area, let me know and maybe we can meet up.

BayWolf

Wanting to head out, but waiting for some supplies to arrive to finish my Fuel/water separator install.

Might make it out on the weekend.  Haven't decided if its 10 or 11...  Let us now how you do if you make it out.  :gone_fishing:
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

Barnaclebob

Cant make it out this weekend, maybe next...

It will be nice to finally have a reason to leave the marina besides doing a few circles then coming back in.
2007 Sea Ranger 19
2021 Yamaha 115
2021 Yamaha 9.9

Ed De Explorer

Weather dependent I'll be out solo on Saturday in MA-11.

If someone wants to tag along I'll have room pm me.

Ed
Ed
91 Sea Explorer 16'

2Steelhead

We gave it a go on the opener but got to Jeff Head at 6:45 and headed back to the barn. 2-4 was the forecast and this time they were right.
2002 19' Sea Ranger Hardtop
Yamaha F115TLRA
Yamaha 9.9

PNWMatt2023

Yeah, gave it a go on the opener with my son. Thought that there was a little weather gap with the sun coming out and wind dying down near my place in Bothell...Edmonds Marina said it looked like it was slowly getting nicer. Was in the water at 9:30AM, talked to a couple guys on a weldcraft who had just tied up. They said it was really snotty in the early AM, but they got their two fish near the Oil Docks around 120' deep in under 180' FOW, with helmeted herring. They said they tried for Coho afterwards and dropped to 70', only to connect again with another Blackmouth. I gave it hell with only 1 rod out, trying to manage keeping it straight and make a new path after the wind, swell and tide had me going in another direction. My son handled it really well, except the not catching fish part, haha. Two hours of bucking the chop was not fun, hopefully we have another day free to go.