News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Pictures of Fuel/water separator on SR 19 - 1990's

Started by McVickSR19ST, July 19, 2021, 04:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McVickSR19ST

Hey all,

Finally getting my boat put back together and was looking for some pictures of your fuel water separators on your SR 19's or any other 19' model. My dealer is having a hard time finding space for the Suzuki Racor filter.  I'm in Arizona right now so I can't go and show him physically. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also I think he is using the larger diameter filter, so I'm not sure if that is the problem?

So supposedly Suzuki uses the same Fuel/Water separators for all their bigger outboards which is model #99105-20005-ASY which is the same as the RACOR S3213.  Isn't there a smaller diameter fuel/water separator for those tighter spots like we have in our Arimas? Like the 120R-RAC-01? Can anyone tell me if the latter one is in fact able to fit in that gap on the starboard side next to the tank (fuel pickup side).

Thanks  :beerchug:
1990 Sea Ranger Skip Top
2021 Suzuki DF140BG

La-Z-Buoy

I use a Honda/Racor 30gph water/fuel separator. I have the same DF140 on my new to me boat and also on my previous boat with kicker. I never starved for fuel. It worked well. You can see it stuffed up on the left side of the tank.

Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Danno

I use the Racor 120R-RAC which has a smaller footprint. Leaves a couple of inches vertically to access the drain port.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Mooch

Like Richards, mine's located above tank on starboard side.  There's room for the 120rac/s3240, but it's tight.  I came up with a cheap collapsible rubber funnel and tubing that let's me drain filter on the water if needed.  Always a challenge to add more stuff to Arima's aft, but fuel/water separator is definitely a worthwhile upgrade.  Good luck.

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

McVickSR19ST

Thanks La-Z-boy, Danno, & Mooch! I'll send this over to him so he can see. If not he was suggesting back towards the transom since I have only 1 battery on each side.
1990 Sea Ranger Skip Top
2021 Suzuki DF140BG

Fisherdv

As Mooch, I use 90 degree fittings on the front side. Much better clearance for the hose and the fuel tank panel. I fit a Racor S3213 on my 16SC in the same location. Definitely doable.

For ease of filter change and no mess, first drain the bowl, then just barely loosen the filter, then undo the two bolts that hold the filter housing. That allows you to place the whole thing over a bucket to finish changing the filter. Solves the problem of limited space to work, and no spilt fuel.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

DARice

2005 Sea Chaser 17 Pilot House, Lost Sailor
'21 Honda 90, Yamaha T9.9

davidsea

1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)