News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Velcro

Started by Kimbrey, February 06, 2011, 10:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimbrey

At sea...Velcro....one of the greater inventions of man....especially the industrial grade stuff.....Just saying.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

croaker stroker

I agree with that.  3M Velcro holding the dock line in the background....

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

dixiefisher

I concur.....one of the best additions I made....was adding velcro straps to the standard rod holders on the gunnel.....I have no more broken rods after a long haul......
Paul Touchton

woody

I use it to keep my rug on instead of wearing a hat.

Woody

Threeweight

Quote from: dixiefisher on February 07, 2011, 07:34:04 AM
I concur.....one of the best additions I made....was adding velcro straps to the standard rod holders on the gunnel.....I have no more broken rods after a long haul......

Hah! I think you may have just solved my crappy rod holder problem!!!
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

dixiefisher

TW,
   yep.....at the time...it was either purchase new holders ($$)...or a trip to the sewing store for velcro and heavy duty strap material..sewed on the velcro to the straps....couple that with blind rivots.....and I think I was in total for $8........
Paul Touchton

Threeweight

Another good use of velcro...

Home Depot, Lowes, etc... sell velcro strapping (sticks to itself when looped over).  Comes in either longish rolls (like 10') or pre-cut straps, usually used for bundling power cords, rope, etc...

I find it works great for bundling the two pieces of rod that has been taken apart for transport.  Works better than rubber bands (which never last very long, especially if exposed to the sun), and doesn't tangle.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson