News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Another way to do a drop curtain

Started by CanvasGuy, January 28, 2011, 11:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanvasGuy

hi guys... I wanted to share this Idea with you other Arima guys all over the states and Canada
I  do quite a lot of replacements of Arima Canvas over the years and have recently (since i got my own Arima..)
one year now.. developed this idea that you guys and gals might find handy.. and you could have your favorite canvas
guy do the work. and maybe you have?. :bigshock:.. its a 1 center zipper type reverse zippered to top to allow for opening from center out
and placing snaps to allow for multiple positions for the curtains from just doorway size to completely stacked out of the way for some serious
fishing.. :wink: take a look at my gallery for pics that i shot of a recent job.. for better explanation. i like mine this way over the standard doorway
hanging roll method.. :twocents:

http://arimaboatownersgroup.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=34;u=52

Modified by SeaChaser to include a picture and fix the link.
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

arimafarina

Restoring a 1985 Seahunter
Everett, Washington State

Threeweight

I like that set up a lot... my boat has the same seating layout as yours, and I find the older style drop curtain a bit of a pain.  When the weather is cooler or there is a chance of rain, I like to keep the drop curtain in, but I roll it up sideways and try to clip it to the side curtains (a set of Home Depot spring clips work for this).  Still doesn't work great, and it means the rear-facing seat in the sleeper can't be used.

I dig  yours because it is cleaner and keeps the curtains out of the way, and lets that seat be used.  I think the real cats meow, though, would be your set up combined with a slightly longer top, to extend slightly beyond the sleeper seat (so that a person could sit there with the curtain down and not have the legs poking out from under the curtain.)
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

woody

CanvasGuy

I took the liberty to forward your pics to my canvas guy.  He's PDX so not much compitition.  If he want to talk to you I'll give him your number.

I'm in the market and like your option. Probable I will contact you for a bid too.

Woody

CanvasGuy

Thanks Guys..  just thought it was a tip I could contribute to this forum... I just wanted to share this job cause I just finished it today.. the owner is getting around to fixin up.this 16 sea chaser. it was a standard older Arima factory two bow frame set. and is limited in hight and length' cause i would have made it longer and three frames..
he opted not to go for what I have... on My Chaser.. When I get mine out next week I'll take some pics of it and share those with you guys.. I kinda got carried away with mine... :wink:
I made A free standing Bimini like you see on allot of Trophys and Grady whites where the front window section  removes for those rare sunny days on the lake and made access zippers on side windows
and finally even with the smoked clear plastic it gets hot and too bright with that much clear so i made screens for the front and sides for shade and privacy for the rare dockside camp out..heck I made side wall curtain in rear for fishing poles and gaffs harpoons  etc. i even covered the white painted .bow anchor line guide.... :hoboy:   so far it's been fun and I haven't touched any starboard yet...  :biggrin:

Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

woody

Gary

Ny canvas man got your pictures and agree with you that this is practical for some people.  Says basically all good canvas guys know it and offer it to clients.  He just prefers 3 section, feels rolling up is as easy as rolling around.  I'm probably going three but thanks for the enlightment.

Woody

wedocq

Gary,
I really like that idea! Is it as functional in person as it looks in the pics? You know there is a whole caravan of Arima owners coming your direction in May. Maybe they should stop by and say hi and see what you could do for them??? As a fellow Arima owner, I am sure you have some great ideas for our little bundles of joy!  
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.