News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

any Pics of custom paintwork/wrap/decal work

Started by daheechang, February 05, 2018, 11:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daheechang

Hi AO community!

Recently started to take off my old Arima pin striping and decals (most of it's either fading/peeling/missing) on my 99 19SR and wondering if anyone out here has done any custom work either paint (i've seen a few hull jobs) or wrap/decal jobs to their arima's to make them even more unique?

I'm contemplating whether to go with OEM classic look, or to give it a new look before the summer hits!

BTW i know it's been covered on here a lot, but just another thumbs up for the 3M decal remover bit. Made removal a breeze!

troll4fish

I did a hull stripe last year after I did repair of dock gouges on the port side let there by previous owners. This year I am finally getting around to naming the boat and putting decals on her. A lot of elbow grease rubbing out the dull hull with rubbing compound and I repainted the stripes all around after a lot of tedious masking! I used roll on top side paint and am impressed with the sheen and look after it dried.

Tim
92 Sea Chaser 17
2004 (2015 total rebuild) Mercury 90 EFI 4 stroke
2014 Honda 8hp full remote power tilt!

daheechang

That looks badass. Was that a wrap or paint? im thinking of doing the same section on mine but maybe like a battleship grey color.

troll4fish

That is roll on "top side" paint from Jamestown Distributors. many colors to choose from. Watch youtube videos on how to "tip and roll" it turned out to be pretty easy. Did the whole job for about $125 in materials. 1 quart was just enough.
92 Sea Chaser 17

troll4fish

92 Sea Chaser 17

daheechang

Thanks for that link! would you say the labor involved is very low skill and just time consuming?

Markshoreline

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

troll4fish

watch this and other videos on roll and tipping. Not difficult at all. What IS required is quality rollers (foam only) and a super quality brush. mine was a $20 fine synthetic bristle brush.

Tim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-SGcSlNmoo
92 Sea Chaser 17

AJFishin

Troll4fish, The way your boat came out with the stripe, looks great!
This has been something I've been thinking of doing, but I didn't know a nice clean job like that can be at home, makes me re-think of doing it.
How long did it take you to paint it and how many coats? I'm assuming you sanded your area first, then applied a primer?
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser