News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

scotty 3130 chasis locks not unlocking

Started by durio, September 29, 2020, 02:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durio

The boat I got have the down riggers locked with these locks.  I've tried spraying some WD 40 into the locks but still no movement.  Any tips before I take a saw blade and cut them off?  TIA

Ko Ho

I bought the first generation Scotty locks and they were not well machined. The key did not turn easily, and the locks themselves would stick. I ended up spraying the heck into them (I used Boeshied) and doing a lot of wiggling and jiggling to pull them off. They eventually "broke in" so they would work right. Don't know if more recent models are better. If the key turns you might want to try applying some tape, a pliers and a lot of elbow grease.
2006 17 Sea Chaser, Twin Yamaha 40's

crabby

Keep up flooding them and working, I got mine loose now I keep them lubed up working great

StreamFixer

Perhaps a call to Scotty in Vancouver BC will bring some advice.  I know they sure have been helpful to me.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

durio

Thanks all.  I bought some PB Blaster and boeshied after trying WD40.  I even got a needle and syringe to inject the liquids into the lock.  I escalated and took a torch to it. After two weeks and the keys just starting to tear when trying to turn the lock, I called Scotty up.  The service person was helpful and honest.  Said they were discontinued because of the seizing issues as well as people losing the keys and Scotty not having spare keys.  He recommended that I just cut the lock which is what I ended up doing.