News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Transom Saver - Yes or No

Started by Hunter, January 27, 2024, 09:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yachter Yat

Quote from: croaker stroker on March 30, 2024, 12:52:45 PMA young guy should be able to do it.

Hell......even an "old" guy, Croaker.  :jester:

Yat

Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

christianbrat

as a young guy whos been lifting weights 3 to 5 times a week for 3 years and has done this exact thing, I'll tell you its pretty hard.   that engine in the vid weighs half as much as a modern 4 stroke. i love that every possible reason to avoid admitting that they're helpful is being used, even that extra manual labor is preferable to assistance lol
1989 Sea Explorer 16 w/ Custom Pilot House
2007 Honda BF90 & 2002 BF5
Built not Bought

If I could be an appliance I would be a toaster

fishmeister

Since I was out taking pics for a couple other threads, I figured I'd snap one more just for Yat: :rimshot:

20240330_175037.jpg
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

Yachter Yat

Meister: "WHAT"?? You trailer like that? I'm actually "flabbergasted". (If you've ever been so, you know how painful that can be). :facepalm:  :jester:

Yat   
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

christianbrat

I feel that people who have trailers they use are likely more entitled to have a say in this matter. of course that could be condensed down to a fallacy of bare assertation, but it would be hard to argue there is not a connection between experience and results.  yat, argue all you want, 100's of thousands of people are running these with none of the disastrous effects you claim. engineers across the board recommend them for multiple reasons. its okay to have a differing opinion, but know that's its nothing more than an opinion, while the engineers are producing validated studies and results with actual, real, results.
1989 Sea Explorer 16 w/ Custom Pilot House
2007 Honda BF90 & 2002 BF5
Built not Bought

If I could be an appliance I would be a toaster

Yachter Yat

I've probably owned more trailers, in my lifetime, than most. Please (if you will) allow me to 'smack' this dead horse on more time:  People will do what they want, but I would never, ever tie my outboard to my trailer frame in this way.

Yat
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

fishmeister

We can have our own opinions, beliefs, etc.  We can disagree on those too.

But, I think one thing we can probably all agree on (at this point) is that the horse is now dead.  Might be a good time to stop beating it.
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

croaker stroker

Well, If all those "brilliant" engineer geniuses would have designed the their outboards with a substantial travel lock like Evinrude did on the ETEC, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. 
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸