News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Brass Drain Tube Installation

Started by Danno, January 03, 2020, 12:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATGEP

I am ready to change mine out. PM sent Danno.

FishBio

Luckylogger was kind enough to send me Danno's flare tool that's been making the rounds. Thanks Lucky! I put in a new brass tube (only $3.50) last weekend so the tool is available for the next lucky person. PM me if you want it and I'll get it in the mail soon. You may have to get in line. I'll be bringing it to wedocq's lead pour this Saturday and will report back here if someone takes it home from there.
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,
2019 Yamaha T9.9 on Defiance fixed bracket.

ATGEP

Wiley

Probably a dumb question or I missed it but where did you find the brass, and is there a part number for plastic ?
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

FishBio

Quote from: Wiley on March 24, 2021, 09:27:09 PM
Probably a dumb question or I missed it but where did you find the brass, and is there a part number for plastic ?
They're standard equipment at any marine store. I found mine for cheap at west marine. Here's a selection. Both plastic and brass. They're higher priced than mine but look for transom drain plugs at your local chandlery and you should find something that works fit you.
https://www.westmarine.com/drain-plugs

See you at the pour, ATGEP!
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,

Wiley

10' Don Hill Pram

BayWolf

Looks like mine is broken off on the back side.  I'd like to get in the cue for the flare tool if possible.  Thanks.
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

FishBio

Quote from: BayWolf on March 25, 2021, 09:51:21 AM
Looks like mine is broken off on the back side.  I'd like to get in the cue for the flare tool if possible.  Thanks.
Done! You're officially in the queue. I think ATGEP might be taking it home from the lead pour. That true ATGEP?
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,

ATGEP

I will grab it at the pour and mail it off ASAP

BayWolf

Quote from: FishBio on March 25, 2021, 10:27:40 AM
Quote from: BayWolf on March 25, 2021, 09:51:21 AM
Done! You're officially in the queue. I think ATGEP might be taking it home from the lead pour. That true ATGEP?

Thanks!!  Another example of the great people that make this site so special!

First Sergeant

Danno

I would be extremely awestruck to have everyone that has used the forming tool add photos from their installation.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

FishBio

Quote from: Danno on March 25, 2021, 10:49:36 PM
I would be extremely awestruck to have everyone that has used the forming tool add photos from their installation.
Now I need to paint dang it. That's the problem with shiny fixes.
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,

BayWolf

What's the best method to cut the brass tube to length?

First Sergeant

Danno

I used a tubing cutter but you can't put to much pressure on the cut as it will bend the tube. Once it cuts through, you may have to finish it with a hacksaw. Clean up the edge with a file and sandpaper but keep in mind, the edge that gets rolled over sits in the drain well and will not be seen by anybody but you.

FishBio

Quote from: Danno on March 26, 2021, 09:36:18 AM
I used a tubing cutter but you can't put to much pressure on the cut as it will bend the tube. Once it cuts through, you may have to finish it with a hacksaw. Clean up the edge with a file and sandpaper but keep in mind, the edge that gets rolled over sits in the drain well and will not be seen by anybody but you.

:yeahthat:X2.
Careful to not apply too much pressure with the tubing cutter. Half turn then lots of spinning. Brass doesn't cut as easily as copper so you run the risk of rolling the cut end inward.
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,

Wiley

My boat never had one, so I never knew it was missing. Appreciate you all for sharing. I now have one on order. I ordered the plastic one for now. I've always worried about intrusion, just figured it wasn't a thing since nothing was there.  Thanks Again FishBio for posting the actual parts, Danno for sharing ... good fishing karma to ya !
10' Don Hill Pram

Tesoro

Perfect example why you should not have old nylon thru hulls below the waterline. First thing I did to my boat was swap em out with brass.
2009 21HT Yam 150/8 'Hogfish'

I'd rather be drinking in a bar wishing I was on the ocean, than be on the ocean wishing I was in a bar.

FishBio

BayWolf, ATGEP took the flare tool home from the lead pour. If you PM him your address he can probably get it into the mail or you guys can arrange a meet up when he's done.
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,

Danno

Quote from: FishBio on March 28, 2021, 07:56:00 AM
BayWolf, ATGEP took the flare tool home from the lead pour. If you PM him your address he can probably get it into the mail or you guys can arrange a meet up when he's done.

Thanks Fishbio! ATGEP, please keep me updated on the forming tool as it moves from you to Baywolf.

BayWolf

Quote from: FishBio on March 28, 2021, 07:56:00 AM

PM sent.  Thanks. And Thank you Danno for this great offer...I'll be sure to let you know when I have my hands on it..

First Sergeant

ATGEP

Flare tool was sent to bay-wolf on Thurday last week.

davidsea

After looking for mine for a couple years, I finally 'found' it when it was returned to me last weekend.  :facepalm:
I'd be happy to lend it out, PM me if you need it.
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

BayWolf

I should have mine done this week, fingers crossed.  Anyone who wants to use the tool next, just PM me.

First Sergeant

GregE

lI called to see if Baywolf still had the tool then went out to check the drains on our SL22 Kodak.   They are sound, have proper overlap between the inner and outer nylon pieces and .....

Good for now.  Next....

The deck drain scuppers have the rubber flap.  The brass sump drain in between the white pickup for the bait tank and the screened wash down pump inlet.

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

BayWolf

Flare tool is available if anyone wants it.  Just PM me your address and I will get it sent off to you.

First Sergeant