News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

"T" KICKER FUEL LINE INTO MAIN FUEL TANK

Started by DOCTHEDOG, June 09, 2014, 12:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOCTHEDOG

I WANT TO TEE MY KICKER INTO MY MAIN FUEL TANK.  I'M CONCERNED ABOUT 1 MOTOR DRAWING A VACUUM ON THE OTHER AND SUCKING AIR OR DOES THAT NOT HAPPEN?  HAS ANYONE SEEN 1 WAY CHECK VALVES OR A SYSTEM THAT WOULD WORK?  OR IS A MANUAL SHUT OF TEE VALVE THE WAY TO GO?
THANKS

Danno

Use the second exit port on your fuel filter. If you spring for the quick connects, they usually have the anti-back flow built in.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

finfinn

Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

First Cabin

What quick connects are you referring to?  I'm not aware of quick connects with check valves.
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

DOCTHEDOG

I BELIEVE THE QUICK DISCONNECTS ARE FOR LEAKAGE PURPOSES WHEN DISCONNECTED NOT BACK FLOW UNLESS THERE ARE SOME I DONT KNOW ABOUT

Steve

Quote from: Danno on June 09, 2014, 01:09:37 PM
Use the second exit port on your fuel filter. If you spring for the quick connects, they usually have the anti-back flow built in.

This is how mine is rigged, never had any issues.
2006  21' Sea Ranger HT
2006  150 Honda
2011  8 hp Honda High Thrust

Markshoreline

If you don't want to go with quick connects you can buy "anti-siphon valves" that screw into the fuel filter head and have a hose barb.  The best ones are Evinrude or Bombardier brand.  They are all brass and SS, the Moellers are aluminum bodied.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

DOCTHEDOG

that sounds like exactly what i want.  thanks for the info markshoreline.  ill check into it.  i thought maybe the primer bulbs might work for a check valve too