News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Project 17' SR (Picture Heavy)

Started by vxhatch, March 15, 2011, 03:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vxhatch

Also finally got the power connected and everything so far is working with no problems at all  :beerchug:

2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman

vxhatch

Here are some pictures of my last project. Sold that to fund the Arima project  :biggrin:

arimaed

VX,

Outstanding job on the Hewes restore it looks brand new!

If you have some time after your Arima restore I have a few things on my boat that need to be done! (LOL)!

The Arima is looking good! Keep the pictures coming. Have you mounted the new engine?

Ed
1985 17' Sea Chaser 1985 75hp Mercury and 1985 9.8hp Mercury

StreamFixer

The finished interior shot is especially awesome.....

I must assume you were ready for an Arima project by then   :biggrin:

StreamFioxer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

vxhatch

Quote from: StreamFixer on April 13, 2011, 04:43:20 PM
The finished interior shot is especially awesome.....

I must assume you were ready for an Arima project by then   :biggrin:

StreamFioxer

Hahaha.... Yeah just saying goodbye  :biggrin:

vxhatch

Quote from: arimaed on April 13, 2011, 04:19:01 PM
VX,

Outstanding job on the Hewes restore it looks brand new!
Thanks. Put a lot of time into it and later found out it wasn't really what I wanted.

If you have some time after your Arima restore I have a few things on my boat that need to be done! (LOL)!
haha... hopefully just fishing once done, but will certainly help out if I can  :biggrin:

The Arima is looking good! Keep the pictures coming. Have you mounted the new engine?
Not yet, going to try and get it done this weekend.

Ed

monkeycmonkeydo

VX

Wow I'm speechless. Very nice work, keep the pictures coming.

CanvasGuy

WOW Nick... Awesome job..I like the  shadow salute in the interior shot.. :hoboy: is that for Hewes  craft?

:jester:
well actually Ed Streamfixer beat us both to the punch he was too suttle for me...
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

arimaed

Dang CG you beat me to the picture I was going to comment on! I believe VX is expressing his "feelings" and thats ok!

He could also be saying no to some low ball offer!

Ed
1985 17' Sea Chaser 1985 75hp Mercury and 1985 9.8hp Mercury

vxhatch

Well I didn't get time to mount the outboard this weekend  :hoboy:   My father inlaw called and said he had his shop open and some time to work on the rocket launchers  :biggrin:

Went up there Saturday and went to work.

Some test fitting.

And FINISHED   :biggrin:

Testing radar.

Testing LED Spreader lights.

Also got the LED dome lights mounted.

fishing eagle

The rocket launchers look great Vxhatch and your Arima project is looking fantastic. Now I think you really do need to dedicate some time to mounting the engine and then doing a seatrial. I would get those dates marked on your calendar as well as a couple of days when your father-in-law will have some more free time; because I think a couple of days fishing is in order for you and him.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

CanvasGuy

OH.. euuuu ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh... sorry..just finished drooling..

man you have  done a great job on that 17.. :applause:
and what  quality electronics.. and overall a great setup..so..your the guy to follow around out there.. the fish couldn't get away.. :bowdown:
we will have to exchange numbers mmsi and others.. :wink:
I can't wait to finish er off with some new softies,,you set a pretty high bar for me now... :arms:
so its exciting to me to even work on it.much less try to keep up with ya.. :jester:

looking forward to meeting and picking out fabric
and converse on possible construction options..
i know your a busy guy on all the other stuff..keep em coming..
again real nice work.. :yeahthat:
Gary Smart
boatless  now
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

vxhatch

Quote from: fishing eagle on April 18, 2011, 10:16:54 AM
as well as a couple of days when your father-in-law will have some more free time; because I think a couple of days fishing is in order for you and him.

:yeahthat:

vxhatch

Quote from: CanvasGuy on April 18, 2011, 10:25:09 AM
looking forward to meeting and picking out fabric
and converse on possible construction options..
i know your a busy guy on all the other stuff..keep em coming..
again real nice work.. :yeahthat:

Same to you... Just need to quit spending  :twocents:   So I can get the enclosure done sooner than later  :cha:

vxhatch

Was able to get washdown hooked up this afternoon.

Decided to put hose in the port baitwell. Used quick disconnect fittings so I can remove everything from the baitwell easy.

Mounted water pickup hose out of splash well. Still need to secure hose to transom.

Added fitting on the pickup so I could hook up garden hose after each trip to flush the salt water out.

Mounted pump under port baitwell. Also need to finish the wiring back there  :biggrin: 

Hooked up to the battery to test it out  :party:

StreamFixer

Slick job VX.  Very admirable.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

CanvasGuy

man it just keeps getting better. :applause:

say nick... you comming over to help with my trim tab install?

Oh just thinking of you :biggrin: so you will know how to do yours... :jester:

also I have my Smart Rail comming from back east.. :party: theres a new one for you...
SMART RAIL..The "Russhin hook" uses one..9'section split on front upper chine..I can't wait to take her out after to see the difference
in dryness and trim... :dance:
now if I can just scrape up a few butts.. :gone_fishing:
Gary Smart
boatless  now

GoodDays

Loving the wash down setup.. I have been trying to decide where to put mine... That looks like the spot !!! 

great Job on the Boat !!! :party:

GoodDays Greg

vxhatch

Quote from: CanvasGuy on April 21, 2011, 08:19:28 AM
say nick... you comming over to help with my trim tab install?
I could possibly do that. When you plan on doing the install?

also I have my Smart Rail comming from back east.. :party: theres a new one for you...
SMART RAIL..The "Russhin hook" uses one..9'section split on front upper chine..I can't wait to take her out after to see the difference
in dryness and trim... :dance:
I might have to look into that. Might have to get soaked a couple times first  :biggrin:

now if I can just scrape up a few butts.. :gone_fishing:
haha... Now if I can just get this dang boat on the water by hali season, I would be happy :biggrin:

CanvasGuy

Thanks nick for the help offer but you got your hands full getting your boat ready for the Hali season..
it will be a breeze.. I am up on how its done, seen the videos and sure aren't afraid of drilling my transom..
This Arima is not by any means new.. or pristine shape on the hull..thus no worries when I hit that in evetable piece of sea trash. :doh:.or something..
in the course of things...just say oh well more battle scars... :jester:and move on..your boat is looking Great its come a long way..
keep us informed on progress..

Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now

ak-angler

Great job on the refit. I'm also an owner of one of the fairly rare skiff-top 17's, and have done quite a few modifications in the past few years. My latest project is the addition of a Webasto heater with ducts in the bulkhead in front of the seats, in the helm (to defrost/defog the windows), and the v-berth. It should really make the little Arima into a 4-season cruiser.

Where did you get those nice looking LED dome lights? And how's the light spread and color compare to incandescents?

1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

vxhatch

Quote from: ak-angler on April 22, 2011, 10:50:41 PM
Great job on the refit. I'm also an owner of one of the fairly rare skiff-top 17's, and have done quite a few modifications in the past few years. My latest project is the addition of a Webasto heater with ducts in the bulkhead in front of the seats, in the helm (to defrost/defog the windows), and the v-berth. It should really make the little Arima into a 4-season cruiser.

Where did you get those nice looking LED dome lights? And how's the light spread and color compare to incandescents?

Hi Ak-Angler,

Please post some pictures when you get a chance  :biggrin:  I would love to see another skiff top.

LED dome lights I bought were from ebay $10 a piece. Not sure how they compare to incandescents since I never had a chance to use them, but they are pretty bright, don't think you will be disappointed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/White-18-LED-Dome-Light-Cabin-Boats-Caravans-12V-/270735254507?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f091423eb

Thanks,
Nick

fishorcrab

I have seen this company at ham radio swap meets and bought several items from them.  Red LED string lights mounted under the HT or the gunwales should not mess up night vision but should provide sufficient light to stumble around safely when it is dark.

http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/

SC16 Yamaha 4s 90
SP17 Honda 4s 90  - Croaker made me do it. :)

CanvasGuy

Thanks... fishorcrab...  :smile1:
Sweet Sight for led lighting.. :applause:
I have several uses for their lights.your sugestion  for strip lights under the side gunwalls..with blue for me is great!
great prices also.Thanks again for posting the url..

Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now

ak-angler

Quote from: vxhatch on April 25, 2011, 09:06:22 PM
Hi Ak-Angler,

Please post some pictures when you get a chance  :biggrin:  I would love to see another skiff top.

LED dome lights I bought were from ebay $10 a piece. Not sure how they compare to incandescents since I never had a chance to use them, but they are pretty bright, don't think you will be disappointed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/White-18-LED-Dome-Light-Cabin-Boats-Caravans-12V-/270735254507?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f091423eb

Thanks,
Nick
I sure will Nick. And thanks for the link to the LED lights.
1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's