News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

What would you pay?

Started by Seattleflyfisher, March 20, 2012, 05:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So.Cali

I'll join in on that CG! I got a soft spot for ratty ol' boats. I havn't seen much for arima's in my area though. Actually, until I got mine, I never heard of one. (glad I did though) I asked a used boat dealer near me about them, and they rarely see them, but they were aware of the arima reputation. But I am all about the new "save an arima foundation"!  :arms:

Fisharima

:smile1:FF! Holy Arima!,,From the pictures it looks really promising.If that'sa2stroke I would check with a reputable mechanic ton see if the motor needs to have a partial tear down to avoid damage to the P/Rings or pistons.Perhaps not with a 2stroke! Also is it a fresh water boat? Is the drain plug in place? Hopefully not! It's hard to tell if there is significant fiberglass damage,maybe not. The wood can be replaced and probably the fuse panel and the canvas, maybe by our canvas guy?! It will be interesting to see what the final purchase cost is! I believe it could be a deal of a lifetime,but one would have to enjoy doing the restoration  :anyone:..Geo
Geo

arimaed

Darren,

This is a weekend project for you unless you are going with a hardtop modification! Bet that Merc starts right up. Galv trailer. You sure find the deals.

You can work your restoration magic and make this nicer than your 17SC. I remember what that looked like!

Great find! I hope you already have it home!

Ed
1985 17' Sea Chaser 1985 75hp Mercury and 1985 9.8hp Mercury

chuckster

The wood in "Dirty Boat" looks better than the wood in my Chaser  :facepalm:  I NEED a starboard infusion!  :party:
1987 Sea Chaser
115 HP Yami / 8 HP Merc
"When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my fishing stuff for what I said I paid for it"

vxhatch

2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman

La-Z-Buoy

Ok, seeings how it's a slow night on the forum - 2 posts (mine included) in the last 10 hours  :bigshock: (what's up with that?) I thought I'd bump this back up and ask SFF what, if anything, is going on with the "dirty boat"? Inquiring mind(s) want to know.

Richard
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

So.Cali

Don't know what's up with it, but it looks in better shape than my boat, and mine is still floatin along. I would snatch it up if it were closer to me.

Seattleflyfisher

I am waiting to hear from the owner :shrug9:   come on phone......give me a ring ring :bigshock:

La-Z-Buoy

SFF,

I'd go sit on his front doorstep. Wait, maybe that would appear too eager???  :biggrin:

Richard
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

Correction: Seattle-Flyer...Don't forget to check the garage...looks like they had Penn DR's on it. Maybe some other good stuff there.
Hull looks like '89 or earliers.
If it's been there that long....just mail them a letter with low offer. The plug has to be out of the boat...otherwise it'd be a bathtub.
My budget to Buy &     Refurb:      ( iscrewed up and somehow posted without rest of my thoughts)
Trailer: $500.00    /    + 300
Hull:   $1500.00      /  + 800
Canvass  0           /   + 700
Engine:   0           /   +3,500. Used 4 stroke
Good luck....    
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

Seattleflyfisher

It is a 1990 Sea Ranger.....

GregE

What ever happened with DB?
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait