News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

1991 19' Alaskan Arima Sea Ranger

Started by Fish On, March 03, 2011, 12:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seattleflyfisher

I hope to get a few more pictures today and then the deal is done.

Yeah, I hope to just move over a few items to the 19 and be done with it. I will only need Arima to add the new marine boards and thats it. Not sure yet what I would move over yet. I need to sell the 17 so stripping it will not work. It does have every part that is new, from the new bow rails to the new windshield.....the list is long.

StreamFixer

So SFF,  After just springing for new bow rails, how did you convince GF to go along with the potential project 19?  I need some lessons just in case.......

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

arimaed

SFF,

You ever going to stop buying Arima's and fixing them up? At some point you need to enjoy some of your work.

Now the questions:

New engine? Does that go with the new boat or stays with the 17?

Are you going to do another hardtop or stay with the soft top?

New electronics and downriggers?

What size kicker and mount

New seats or stay with the current ones?

Congrats...I am jealous again!

Ed
1985 17' Sea Chaser 1985 75hp Mercury and 1985 9.8hp Mercury

fishing eagle

He said he wasn't going to take all the new goodies out of the 17... so I think maybe he has different plans than what most of us are thinking. Is it possible we are talking a his and hers Arimas?
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

StreamFixer

Quote from: fishing eagle on March 13, 2011, 06:16:09 PM
Is it possible we are talking a his and hers Arimas?

How boring, :hoboy:  not to mention expensive   :facepalm:  And then there is the upkeep time for 2 boats.   :nono:

I think one boat in the household would be sufficient.  I'm still waiting to hear how he managed to pull it off.  Now there has got to be a heck of a good story there.    :bowdown:  :bowdown:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Seattleflyfisher

Can you believe this guy.....I made the deal with him 5 days ago. This is what I got today.

SORRY DARREN FOR BEING NON CUSTOMER FREINDLY BUT I HAVE FOUND A BUYER MORE LOCAL AND WILLING TO COME AND PICK UP FOR MY ASKING PRICE AND THIS IS MORE EASYIER FOR US  THAN TO SHIP TO LOWER 48 SO IF I HAVE LED YOU ON IM SORRY ANDHOPE THE BEST OF LUCK I KNOW THERE ARE SOME AROUND AND YOU WILL FIND ONE M ORE LOCAL AS I DID SORRY ANDY.

arimaed

Darren,

I hope the guys check bounces! You got ripped out of a nice looking boat! You still have one of the nicest custom Sea Chasers around the NW!

You really should hold out for a 21' anyway!

Ed
1985 17' Sea Chaser 1985 75hp Mercury and 1985 9.8hp Mercury

croaker stroker

Not customer friendly? I'd call it a complete lack of integrety.

He can't even spell.  :berry:

Don't worry, something else better will come up.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Reel Kahuna

StreamFixer

SFF

:yeahthat: :yeahthat:  Really a suck egg type   :nono:

However, at my advancing age, I am learning things like that usually happen for the best in the long run.  Something really cool is coming your way.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

CanvasGuy

Ahhh... you definitely dodged a bullet on that deal. :arms:. better now rather than half way through.. :facepalm:

a 22 would be the ticket... :twocents:

Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Danno

Things happen fast when you're chasing a good deal. It's the nature of the beast.

SFF, maybe you need to chase that 21' in NM. Another great deal even though it's a bit under powered.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

fishing eagle

My grandmother use to always say that "things do happen for a reason and if things are meant to be, they will be" so I would maybe count my blessings. If that seller would back out of a deal, what else was he hiding or speaking untruthfully about?
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)