News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Allen Marine Bracket with modifications

Started by Tunacious, July 05, 2011, 09:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunacious

Today I I purchased my new 9.9 honda kicker with power tilt.  I had it attached to the Allen Marine Bracket.  Due to the boat being a 2003 we had some issues with mounting the fixed bracket to the boat. 
The predrilled holes from the factory in the back of the boat were to low to use to mount the fixed bracket to.
In 2003 there was no access hatch from the inside of the boat through the stern. 
When I purchased the boat last month there was a Garalick bracket mounted to the back of the boat but no kicker. I wanted to change this set up to a fixed bracket.
Brad at Allen Marine called Don at Arima who said that in 2003 the nuts were built into the boat with predrilled holes to be used to mount a bracket to if a kicker motor was to be used.  Don said that without an access panel we would have to tear out the inside of the boat to get to the area were we wanted to attach the fixed bracket to. 
Brad and and Don agreed the best idea would be to build a plate to attach the fixed bracket to in order to raise the position of the fixed bracket.   
Allen Marine fabricated a piece of 3/8 inch stainless steel plate with predrilled holes.  The bottom set of holes in the stainless steel plate is just screwed into the bottom set of predrilled holes in the boat.  The top set of holes in the plate is screwed through the bottom of the Allen Marine bracket and then into the boat.  The top of the Allen Marine Bracket is welded to the stainless steel plate. There is no flex at all.  It looks like it is going to work perfect.  I have never posted a photo onto this site but I am going to try.  My next project is the arch for the radar and rocket launchers.
Walt
[img]Allen Marine Bracket #1/img]
[img]Allen Marine Bracket #2/img]

Tunacious

Sorry about no photo, I guess I need some help on how to post a photo.  I am not sure what else to try doing.
Walt

Threeweight

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Tunacious

Hey you surprised me.  Thanks a lot Three Weight.
Walt

Threeweight

If you go to your photo gallery here on the forum, and click on the photo you want to use, then scroll all the way down to the bottom, you will see a little box labled:

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Copy the contents of that box, then paste them into your post to link to a photo.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

GlbertMolnar

Hello

Thanks for the information. I have ordered a new Honda 9.9 four stroke electric start and power tilt and extra long shaft. I want to do the exact thing.    I presently have a garelick adjustable bracket. The boat is the same as yours. The thing i'm not sure of is attaching the Allan Marine Bracket to  the upper holes  (of the fabricated plate you mention) and through back(hull) To fasten I believe it is not possible because of the bait tank. Your clarification would be appreciated.

Tunacious

I hope I understand what your asking.  If you look at the photo of my bracket the bolts you can see at the bottom of the steel plate go into the bottom two holes already predrilled into the boat with nuts inside the boat.  The top set of bolts you cant actually see in the photo but they are located at the bottom of the bracket that sticks out from the piece of steel plate.  The piece of steel plate is glued to the boat with 5200.  The bracket that sticks out from the steel plate is welded to the steel plate besides being bolted into the boat at the bottom of the bracket that sticks out.  The steel plate is a piece of 3/8 inch stainless steel that is very heavy.  I do not believe there will be any flex in the steel at all even though there is about 14 inches of bracket sticking up from the last set of bolts that is actually almost exactly in the middle of the bracket.  If you need more photos to make this clearer for you to understand, just let me know.
My boat does not have a bait tank but it wouldn't matter because there is no way to access the inside of the transom from inside of the boat.  The holes that my garalick bracket was bolted into were predrilled at the factory and have nuts that are inside of the boat welded to a steel plate that is fabricated inside of the boat.
I hope this is clearer than mud.
Walt