News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Hardtop photos

Started by davidsea, April 21, 2023, 05:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidsea

Working on Spring cleanup and rigging - part of that will be installation of Arima hardtop supports on my SR19.  I've looked around the site and online and can't find any decent images of installed supports, showing how the factory placed them.   I'd rather have a good idea of exactly where they should be bolted on, rather than having to fill holes to cover my mistakes.  :facepalm:
   Does anyone have good pictures - or can take measurements - to help me on this project ?
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

La-Z-Buoy

In my experience, purchased 2 "take offs" from Defiance, I just held them up to the surfaces and tried to position them where the mounting surfaces were flush and marked and drilled. You may have to use washers/bushings to get them mounted without pulling the fiberglass at the side mount areas. Also, adding a small piece of backing material on the lower mounts helps spread the load. Think I used fender washers. The bars are very stiff and do not lend themselves to excessive bending.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

miruhai

The screw broke on the other side and I wanted to re-enforce the connection point with a rail base.

davidsea

miruhai:  Thank you!  Helps a lot, avoids disaster and re-do.  :facepalm:

Tesoro

If you need more I can send pics/measurements of mine on a 21 installed from factory.But they are really hand holds and not supports. The engineering is wrong for that. But they help.
2009 21HT Yam 150/8 'Hogfish'

I'd rather be drinking in a bar wishing I was on the ocean, than be on the ocean wishing I was in a bar.

davidsea

Done deal! Thanks for help andP1020047 (1).JPG  PM's.