News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregE

Sound advice from H T   :yeahthat:

WELKome aboard.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

toddshog

Great advice thanks.  The trailer isn't really in need of all the work, basically it just needs more tongue weight and the bearings looked at.   I have a double axle trailer with one set of bad brakes and a coupler that needs to be changed out.  My thought was to rebuild the Arima trailer, swap parts to the other trailer and sell the other trailer but before I do that, I will check to see if the trailer under the Arima is heavy enough.  Thanks for the heads up!!!
Todd
1989 Arima 19' SR ST

Paxford

Hello everyone. So I thought I was getting out of boating when I sold my Sea-Pro 186 center console a little over a week ago. I sold her because I moved and could no longer store her at my house due to association rules. I really do like the associated neighborhood, except of course for the boat rule. I even thought of removing the T-Top of the Sea-Pro, but in the end I just couldn't bring myself to ruining that boat by doing such a thing. So now someone else gets to enjoy her.

Then the idea of stuffing the biggest Arima walkaround possible in to the garage caught my fancy. So I am in the market for a 16 footer or possibly a 17 ... if I can make it fit ... and if I can convince my better half. It's an uphill battle on both fronts.

Thanks for being such a great wealth of information everyone, I have learned so much just bouncing around the threads.
1983 Sea Hunter
2022 Mercury ELPT CT 60 HP

La-Z-Buoy

Welcome Paxford.

There's several threads on here concerning getting an Arima into the garage. Do a search. In general, if you have a 7 foot garage door you can get up to and including a 17 foot boat in. Depth of the garage is critical. I was able to get my 17 in with no issue because it was over 20 feet in depth. No longer have that house so can't go out to measure. Some guys have swing tongue adapters on the trailer to shorten the overall length.

Can't help you with the better half issue  :bowdown: . Got one of my own and don't need the aggravation  :biggrin: .

Good luck with both issues. Hope to see pictures of your new or new-to-you boat soon.
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

AustinB

Hello all. I'm not yet actually an Arima owner, but have been researching them for some time now. As my fishing partner and I look to up-size from our current boat (1987 Boston Whaler Montauk 17' with 2S Yamaha 90HP saltwater series) the Arima line, and in particularly the 19' SR, keep banging us in the forehead as the obvious choice. We live in San Francisco and fish the coastal waters locally. We are also into free-diving and want the ability to overnight at the Chanel Islands. Also, he's got two boys (7&9) and I've got a 14 month-old daughter, so we are going to need a bit more boat for the growing crew.

Like Arima boats, I am also originally from Washington State. In fact, I got my first taste of Salmon fishing in mid channel out of Port Townsend with my neighbor, good friend, and first fishing partner, Cal Ungrecht (sic.?). If memory serves, he was a member of the PT Salmon Club... maybe someone on here remembers him?

Thanks for all the good advice/knowledge that I've already gotten from many of the posts on here. Best, -Austin

old salt

Hi, I believe my Sea Hunter  was built in 1980 one of the first. My wife and I go to Kalispell MT every year to visit family. My  son-in-law and I go to the boat dealers to look for a boat for me, I wanted one that wasn't used in saltwater  (l live in San Diego). In the 1990's l saw a great looking boat, I didn't know that it was an Arima. I went to get my wife and let her see the boat. She likes to fish also. The boat had a 50 Mariner, hydraulic lift, and a galvanized trailer. We bought the boat and towed it back to San Diego. When my son and I would go out in the ocean in my old Glasspar we would wear a rain jacket because of the spray on the return trip to the bay launching area. We never needed ito use them again with the Arima a nice dry ride.
I just repowered the boat with a new 2016-17, 60 HP fuel injection 4 stroke  Merc with power tilt. I also replaced all of the controls and gauges, and we replaced to old fish finder with a new Lowrance  hook5. When the dealer finished with the boat they took it for a test run and filmed it. At 5000  RPM  they were going 31 mph. He said that l should use 1 gal  per hour. I'll  see after we brake in the motor. We won't be fishing until 2017 because  fishing license run January to December in CA  and we didn't get them for 2016 season. I'm 70 and retired now so there will be lots of fish runs in 2017. My son has his own boat now and takes his kids out.

croaker stroker

Welcome Old Salt and Austin B.  :clap:

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

StreamFixer

Ditto

Austin B.  Don't mess around with a 19, go straight to a 21.  Same size cuddy and 19" more deck (you will want that with the kids and family).  Trust me, you will be saving $$$ in the long run.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

GregE

WELKome new folks!   :arms:

Old Salt- Greeting from other septuagenarians!

Post some pictures soon-  we like boat pictures.   :biggrin:
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

AustinB

old salt

Hi, here's my 1980 Sea Hunter sitting in the back yard before I repowered it and replaced the controls and gauges. I'm still having problems using the website it's confusing for me but I'm 70 so that doesn't help, but I will keep working at it. But I did figure out how to post a picture I think.

croaker stroker

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Yachter Yat

Nice pic, indeed.  Love the Sea Hunter. Perfect boat for those who have been "cured"  (ha)   5" more platform and.............well, you know. 

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

old salt

Hi, it took me about 2 hours to find out how to make the picture size smaller so that I could send it hope I can still remember how I did it  (lol). Thanks for your replies. Can I send a video or will it be to large?

Holoholo808

Aloha,

My name is Jason and I'm looking to learn about and hopefully purchase an Arima in the near future. Being in Hawaii there aren't many Arimas for sale, but thankfully a friend suggested that I check out this site as a possible resource.

I'm looking to use the boat for offshore trolling and bottom fishing and have received good information from a few of the Hawaii-based guys on the BloodyDecks forum. My main question now is whether to get a 16 or 17 foot Sea Chaser and how to get it to Hawaii. I'll be reading up a bit as I don't want to ask questions that have already been answered. Thanks in advance and looking forward to learning from and getting to know you all!

Mahalo,
Jason
For easier searching go to Google and type "site:www.arimaowners.com (search term)"

croaker stroker

Welcome holoholo.  Send a PM to TC808. He recently had one shipped.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Holoholo808

Quote from: Croaker Stroker on November 17, 2016, 11:06:59 AM

Thanks Croaker! I actually found the forums when I stumbled upon one of his posts about shipping a boat to Hawaii. You guys seemed to have really helped him find the right boat!
For easier searching go to Google and type "site:www.arimaowners.com (search term)"

croaker stroker

Quote from: Holoholo808 on November 17, 2016, 11:47:23 AM
Quote from: Croaker Stroker on November 17, 2016, 11:06:59 AM

Thanks Croaker! I actually found the forums when I stumbled upon one of his posts about shipping a boat to Hawaii. You guys seemed to have really helped him find the right boat!

This might be a good boat for your waters. (Open bow) They don't come up for sale often.

(Just like mine)

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=12838.0

"Bought a new boat and Mama says this must go rare find of an 1986 Arima 17' Sea Pacer (open bow.) 1995 Yamaha C85 Hp 2 stroke motor. Sits on a 1999 Calkins trailer with swing hitch. Newer full canvas including rear curtains and bow cover, auxillary motor bracket, Lowrance depth finder, 2 manual Scotty down riggers and boat storage cover. All in good condition. (Kicker motor and loading guides not available). $6800 OBO Please call or text me at 360-701-5008 or 360-701-5442."

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

GregE

That Sprinter is about 19 miles from me-  let me know if you need it checked out.  I've crawled over a Few Arimas..   :wink: Older motor but overall it seems worthy of a look.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/5879045172.html

Greg

fishvanisland

Good morning,

I am looking for a fishing boat and really admire the design and look of the Arima's.

The idea of having one large enough to commute/cruise a little is appealing.

The pictures posted here and elsewhere of the 22' with the Alaskan top have me coveting that model

I don't have a budget for a new boat, but would like to find a gently used model, 3+ years old?

I didn't see a buy/sell tab anywhere, I hope this post is appropriate to access the Arima network?

Cheers, Jim (fishvanisland)

direct email srssg57@gmail.com

GregE

You've got good taste in Arimas, Jim.
But finding a 3 y/o Sea Legend at substantial savings isn't likely to happen.

But,  you'll get more views in the Classified section
Greg

1 Short Tub

Hello,
     Been cruising around the site awhile pick up lots of good information and want to throw out a big thanks to all the people here do. I made the mistake of going and looking on a Sea Hunter and now she sits in my driveway. I saw that it had been noticed by others on here so I thought I would let everyone know that it was gone(post 1).

A little about my past. I grew up commercial fishing in Pacific City back in the 80s, but after high school ended up in New Mexico and haven't made it home to stay yet. I thought it might be a good idea to get my son out to experience some Pacific Northwest goodness in a boat, so thought we might come chase the Pikeminnow next summer. Hopefully the little sea hunter will come together for us on that.

Pics will come along but keep in mind this is the first time I have actually signed up to participate on a forum so we will see.

1990 Sea Hunter, 1975 Johnson 85, 2011 Tohatsu 6

Dbobby23

Quote from: 1 Short Tub on December 05, 2016, 10:22:45 PM
Hello,
     Been cruising around the site awhile pick up lots of good information and want to throw out a big thanks to all the people here do. I made the mistake of going and looking on a Sea Hunter and now she sits in my driveway. I saw that it had been noticed by others on here so I thought I would let everyone know that it was gone(post 1).

A little about my past. I grew up commercial fishing in Pacific City back in the 80s, but after high school ended up in New Mexico and haven't made it home to stay yet. I thought it might be a good idea to get my son out to experience some Pacific Northwest goodness in a boat, so thought we might come chase the Pikeminnow next summer. Hopefully the little sea hunter will come together for us on that.

Pics will come along but keep in mind this is the first time I have actually signed up to participate on a forum so we will see.

I'm looking foreword to seeing another seahunter east of the mountains next year. If you need some good pikeminnow spots let me know. Pikeminnow fishing can be incredibly fun for kids.
1983 seahunter
2004 yamaha f8
2007 yamaha f60 efi

fishmiester

1 Short: Welcome!! You are going to love your Hunter. I had one for about 3 years and loved it. Just moved up to a 17 chaser. On a side note, I love Pacific Sity, have been out of there on a dory charter or 2. Welcome to the board.
Fishmiester
If it swims, Ill  chase it
84 17' Seachaser, 2010 90hp Tohatsu tldi, BF15 Honda Custom welded kicker bracket.#lovethisboat

Irishman

Hello everyone, Just thinking I should introduce myself. I am a proud new owner of a SR HT 21. The boat is new (2016) and fantastic.

I live in the Central Kitsap Peninsula area of Washington State. I am retired from the military but still work 40 every week although some overtime is in order to outfit the new boat.
This is the 4th boat I have owned. My first was an Arima Sea Hunter. My second was a Bayliner 2452 and then a Bayliner 2859. I have finally made my way back to where I belong.

I never forgot the first Arima and always looked longingly and lustfully at the Arimas I would see coming and going from the boat ramp. I finally decided a change was in order so I sold the 2859 last month and found a beautiful 2016 SR just sitting on a lot waiting for a home. I pick her up on Saturday.

The UPS trucks should start arriving tomorrow with all the rigging supplies!

Thanks for the welcomes in advance. I look forward to conversing with a lot of you and learning from you all. I will be reading A LOT! All the best and see you on the Salish Sea.

"The problem with land is that it's infested with people." -unknown
21HT - Betelgeuse