News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregE

Welcome aboard Mike!!

I like that area- stationed at Ft Ord mid '80s.  Never made I out fishing though.   :redface:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

san miguel

Quote from: GregE on February 15, 2016, 12:05:55 PM
Welcome aboard Mike!!

I like that area- stationed at Ft Ord mid '80s.  Never made I out fishing though.   :redface:
Thanks man. I love Fort Ord, I mountain bike there a lot.  Pretty spoiled in the Monterey Bay.  Life's not too bad.  Here's my new boat folks(posted in another thread too)!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigSid

Hey everyone, thought I'd get around to posting on here. Finally took delivery of my new SR19. I had posted a thread about a thru hull transducer in December, some of you might remember that thread. Picked the boat up today from King Salmon in Tacoma. Brad was great to deal with, I had a boat I needed to sell to make way for the Arima so he consigned it and got it sold for me. I originally spec'd a Honda 115 but ended up getting an incentive during the boat show when the main was ordered that basically upgraded me to the 135 for practically nothing. $1200 or so was all the upcharge would have been, I know it's overkill but I'll never wonder whether I have enough. Did a factory tour with Don in January, boat had about a week or so left until completion. Cool to see the process and the boat during the build. The factory installed the Airmar B175 transducer for me, did a phenomenal job on it. Ordered most options, port wiper, washdown, companion on port side, helm seat slider, outboard countertop, rear jump seats. Had King Salmon install their cockpit rail/downrigger mount, they are stout beyond all imagination. I beefed up the trailer and ordered a King 3700# instead of the 3100#. Probably will eventually upgrade to electric over hydraulic brakes but for now the surge will suffice. She's getting more goodies installed this week, I'll get more photos as the process continues.

Proud to buy something built in WA state and to join the Arima family. We fish out of Everett mostly and are still learning the saltwater game, I plan to go out every chance I get. I grew up lake trolling and took the plunge into a saltwater boat 1.5 years ago. The boat I had just wasn't the ticket for us so we parted ways, I had looked hard at Arima 2 years ago just went another direction when we bought our last used boat. Decision was easy this time around and I wanted something new. Thought we had a name for it but I'm still working on that, my other half keeps veto'ing my choices.
2016 SR19 Honda 135 & 9.9

Chasin Baitman

Sweet! The 135 is going to treat you well. I have a 115 on the same boat. It's totally fine, but there are times it would be great to have a bit more punch.
2011 19' Sea Ranger, 2011 Suzuki DF115, 2011 Honda 8 kicker

"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

CanvasGuy

welcome Big Sid
your boat looks like a Chaser?...
nice..boat and motor...
CG
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

BigSid

Quote from: CanvasGuy on March 06, 2016, 07:24:44 PM
welcome Big Sid
your boat looks like a Chaser?...
nice..boat and motor...
CG

Thanks! Does look like a Chaser from that angle but she is a Ranger.

Quote from: Chasin Baitman on March 06, 2016, 12:00:30 PM
Sweet! The 135 is going to treat you well. I have a 115 on the same boat. It's totally fine, but there are times it would be great to have a bit more punch.

You know, after I bumped up to the 135, I'm still thinking it'll be more than I'll ever need. I know a 115 would have been enough but I'm one of those "overkill" guys. We tend to run heavy on the water, so I figured with no weight penalty to hop up to 135 why not? I did debate heavy on Honda vs Yamaha. Yamaha didn't have the 135 option of course, so it would have been a 115 had I gone that route. My dad ordered a C Dory 25 Cruiser in October and we decided his best option was Yamaha power for that boat, based on his desire to spend quite a bit of time in Canada and Alaska. Of course, this debate goes back years for us, I always rode Honda dirtbikes as a kid and he ran Yamaha, so the battle continues.

Omega3

Hello all,I've been visiting the site for quite some time and really enjoy and use all the information here.I own a 05 19 ft Sea Ranger that I bought new.I have done numerous improvements over the years including a new extended top,SAS seats,kicker prop guard that i learned how to make from this site.The work is never really done when you own a boat and it's great to have so many Arima owners sharing their experience.
05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

GregE

Omega 3-  I got that.   :wink:  Glad you started posting after picking the collective brain for so long.

OK, number one rule-  post up some proud project pictures.............   :arms:
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

StreamFixer

Rule number 2 ---  Quit messing around and ask us how you can spend your $$$   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

GregE

Big Sid, she looks nice!!

New you say??  Did they stop using the N Arima rearward wave decals?
Greg

beancounter

Big East Coast welcome to Sid and long lurking Omega. Sid you did good dealing with Brad I recommend him to anyone. He always takes good care of things for me.

cruisedoc

Took ownership of new SR 19HT in January, finally have a chance to introduce myself.  We do our boating in South Florida, and traded in a Four Winns express cruiser.  This may be sacrilege, but we purchased the Arima principally for cruising, and find that she's perfect in that regard, as well.  A special shout out to Marc at Wefings Marine, our Southeast US dealer, for a great job in helping us order and deliver this wonderful little boat.

rasslingref

Congrats and welcome to the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

BigSid

Quote from: beancounter on March 12, 2016, 04:33:26 AM
Big East Coast welcome to Sid and long lurking Omega. Sid you did good dealing with Brad I recommend him to anyone. He always takes good care of things for me.

Brad was great, will buy another boat from him. As I mentioned, selling my old boat was part of the deal and he got it done, just as he said he would. Have a lot of respect for that.

Quote from: GregE on March 12, 2016, 12:27:32 AM
Big Sid, she looks nice!!

New you say??  Did they stop using the N Arima rearward wave decals?

Thanks! They have done away with the wave it seems. Well, there's a smaller version of the wave that's less pronounced but not like the original.

clarkchampion

Good Morning

I'm brand new to this site and starting to learn the ropes.

We just bought a '92 Arima 15' SH with a 40 HP Yamaha.  Looking forward to getting it in the water this week.

Previous boats include:  old funky SeaRay, 16' Boston Whaler Ventura, and old '28' Carver.

Clark

Omega3

05 Sea Ranger 19  05 Evinrude 135 DI   17 Yamaha F8

horse'n'around

Hey Fellow Arima Owner's.

I have been posting lately but I never really introduced myself and I only know of a couple others in this Group.

I am a long time Seattle area (Alderwood Manor) resident and fisherman. I mostly love the ocean and it keeps calling me back!

I don't have an ocean capable boat anymore (I had big Trophies and a few Glas Plys in years past) I now love my Sea Explorer 16'.

I used to be pretty active in PSA Sno-King Chapter but quit "horse'n'around" with them when I sold my 2556 flybridge "albacore - halibut - ocean special" in 2010 and got my horse Cisco, only to become a "landlubber".  Now the horse and small Arima are working into my lifestyle real well together. I'm no longer the "Fish Nazi" I used to be, but I find myself riding Cisco on the beach looking out there at the fishing boats in the ocean.

Hummmm! Is there a meaning to all this???

Coachvince

Hello Fellow Arima Owners..

It is time to get active on the site..I have a 21.5 Sea Ranger, used to have a 15'11 Sea Explorer..Have had the boat on the Western side of Whidbey for many years so it has been all salt salmon during the summer for me..

Well, starting today, I have trailered the Arima back to Seattle and will be storing it here. So now I need to learn fishing all over again..

Can you all direct me to a thread that maybe showed the different fishing opps for our Arimas April - July?  I know the standard Chinook to Coho run times, but now I need to get more involved with other species and learn how and where to go.  Additionally if I may ask, what type of freshwater fishing can I look into with my 21.5?

Thanks for the assistance, so excited to get going..once I can figure out how to post a photo, I will..

Vince

Long Cast

My son is just beginning a restoration project on a Sea Hunter built in 1981--the first model year.  I joined this site so that I might help him.  I am retired and have been fly fishing since 13 and live in Idaho.  I get out to the Sound once a year to fly fish for silvers.

If anyone has some advice for restoration I would be grateful.  Many thanks and cheers.

Crackerbox

Welcome everyone for the past few months!

Long Cast, 

If you go to the "Tips and Tricks" or "Electrical" threads, you can search them for what you want or start asking questions and people will reply.

Joe

BCChaser

Quote from: Long Cast on April 11, 2016, 03:08:25 PM
My son is just beginning a restoration project on a Sea Hunter built in 1981--the first model year.  I joined this site so that I might help him.  I am retired and have been fly fishing since 13 and live in Idaho.  I get out to the Sound once a year to fly fish for silvers.

If anyone has some advice for restoration I would be grateful.  Many thanks and cheers.

Pictures please!!  What shape is she in?  What projects do you have in mind?
'82 Chaser 17 -  work in progress
2000 Johnson 115 Faststrike
6.5 evinrude old but runs

WVUElkman

After many years of bank and kayak fishing, we just put money down on a 2016 Arima Sea Chaser 19.  They are getting it set up and we pick it up on Friday.  Only extras are one companion seat and two jump seats for the rear. 

I haven't owned a boat in 20 years.  I had a small 16 ft fiberglass with an old evinrude 75 that we fished all over the Chesapeake Bay for red drum, flounder, and cobia. 

We started looking at the SC16 then when needing something bigger moved to looking at used 21-24 boats in the 10k range.  After looking at some and wanting something that we trusted to eventually start halibut fishing we decided on the SC17.  Before putting the money down we saw the SC19 on sale and decided with a 90 instead of the 110 we could afford that at this time.  We need help outfitting it and hope to fish the Puget this summer getting use to it and hopefully be ready for offshore next spring.

I know it's on here in pieces, but any help if there is a post that talks about what is needed.  My Chesie days were with a book of Chesie charts from the WVU library and my old infantry style handheld compass.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Elkman
2016 Sea Chaser 119
2016 Yamaha 115

La-Z-Buoy

Welcome Elkman,

The 19 Chaser is an awesome boat. If you have read on this forum much you might have seen the term 2foot-itis (needing/wanting a bigger Arima) from time to time. A lot of members, myself included, come down with that "disease" after we buy our first, and sometimes, our second, or even third Arima.  You, sir, have skipped all the way to the 19 before you even bought one. Good for you.

You've also invited us members to do something else that we would love to do, that is help spend other members money. You will have a lot of help from us in that endeavor  :clap: .

Richard
Richard

2001 21' Sea Ranger HT
2017 DF 140 Suzuki, Honda 8

Diablo

Welcome. You made a great choice in boat size. Some times new owners don't get this information.
B.O.A.T stands for Break, Out, Another, Thousand.
Best of luck, your going to have a great time with that rig.
'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

GregE

CoachVince,  Here's a couple sites that emphasize fishing in lakes and streams as well as the Sound.
Post some pics soon, we like pictures!!   :biggrin:

http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/

http://www.gamefishin.com/find-new/3449742/posts

Greg