News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

REVEILLE IS FOR SALE

Started by disposable, March 15, 2024, 01:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disposable

Reveille is for sale. $35,000

You cannot view this attachment.

This is the nicest Arima Sea Chaser ever. it is small and light for easy storage and towing, exceedingly seaworthy (more than a lot of 19-21' boats i've been on), and has almost every conceivable upgrade. Arima are known to pound in short-period swell, but the belly tank and house have centered and slightly lowered the weight, making this one ride uniquely smoothly. you can find cheaper and newer SC17's, but i don't think you can find a better overall package than this one. i've taken her from Morro Bay to BOLA with my v6 tacoma, 7 trips to baja, a handful to san diego and avalon and avila, countless 2- and 3-day island/ranch trips. surfing diving fishing and exploring, longer solo or buddy trips for the most part, but my family of four enjoys day trips.

- 2012 Arima Sea Chaser 17

- 2013 Honda BF90 (1,600hr; i know, it looks high, but it's still clean and fresh and starts/runs perfectly); compression test on 5/4/24 were between 160-170 on all cylinders. i also replaced the plugs (NGK iridium) while i was in there.

- planes at 9/10kn. i normally run out (heavy) at 19kn for max efficiency, troll around 2-2.5, race home around 24kn. if babes are looking i can go WFO around 30 if the conditions are right. it sat for eight months and started right up on the first crank when i went out for a test drive.

- custom glass-over-balsa/plywood pilothouse (bonded, not bolted. collaborated with some of the best in the business, this is a professional house with high-end fit and finish), with custom stainless crown and radar tower (one of Fred Hendrix's last boat projects), and custom glass by Barry at A&B Glass. Spent over $10,000 on this project alone.

- solid King saltwater bunk trailer with docking guides, refreshed bunks and carpet, torsion suspension, vortex hubs, covered spare, dual tongue winches, and permanent registration (from tip of tongue to end of the outboard, when lowered, the total footprint is right around 23'3", by 8'6")

- custom aluminum belly tank (around 27gal, elevated/secured/bonded at both ends, by Cliff at Berry's Sheet Metal and Marine Tanks) and also plumbed with a secondary expansion tank on the deck (13gal, elevated/secured), for roughly 40gal total capacity, easily 150mi range and theoretically over 160mi if traveling light in ideal conditions. I've hit 4.5mpg on fast and light surf missions, but the realistic big load fishing average is conservatively more like 3.7ish.

- Offshore 45gal bait tank (older model, with thicker original-style fiberglass), Shurflo 1100gpm pump (in the louder sideways orientation, always meant to reorient into quieter vertical orientation), with Groco strainer, through-hull Groco brass intake and Groco stainless outflow (with easily accessible brass stopcocks for emergencies), dual-level overflow standpipe, custom laser-cut cutting board/lid by kevin pfeif, tool and knife holder; dual miniature sponson bait tanks are also plumbed and can be used as well

- upgraded and redundant (BlueSeas/Ancor) electrical, labeled, routed, lighted, and clean af. Spent almost $5000 on the electrical system.

- bilge is opened and accessible, with upgraded plumbing: auto-bilge (rule 2000 with water witch auto) plus manual backup bilge (rule 1100) with oversized 1-1/8" hoses, powerful shuffle 1100 bait pump, burly Shurflo Pro-Master 4.0 wash-down pump (with BlueSeas switch at rear): it's all quiet, modular, and clean af

- hydraulic steering with autopilot, integrated via NMEA to Simrad Go-7, dual-band transducer, fancy Navionics chip

- Bennett electric trim tabs with ALC-1 automatic controller (automatically adjusts trim as you drive, even if seas change or weight shifts on deck, total game-changer) NOT PICTURED

- bait table over the engine well, with stainless cupholders, and Scotty PowerLoc "stinger" trolling rod-holder

- Fell MOB automatic and wireless kill switch, with two "fobs" (stops if driver goes over, alarm sounds if passenger goes over)

- dual batteries, with BlueSeas ACR and NOCO on-board charger and quick-access plug for tending batteries on your driveway; everything is labeled, fused, and all wiring is over-rated.

- all the cheap factory plastic was upgraded to stainless throughout out the boat, and all upgrades were made with stainless: dive ladder, rear corner rod holders (with drains to bilge), fuel fill and vent, rack of rod-holders on the bilge access panel, bait table cupholders, steering wheel (with knob), horn cover, running light on bow, bulkheads for bilges and bait tanks

- proven ground gear: oversized lewmar claw (thru-pinned onto roller and snubbed for a stable ride), oversized long chain (has held in brutal Sea of Cortez conditions), marked rode with bail-buoy, Anchor Trip Link to retrieve stuck anchor, moused shackles

- all sorts of led lighting (no incandescent bulbs to maximize battery life overnight): bow, overhead/running, cuddy, cabin, deck, bait, and through-hull multi-color squid lights

- docking gear, USCG/safety gear, cleaning/washing/polish supplies and brushes, BBQ and stuff, ditch bag and emergency body suit, gaffs, bait net, billy club... all the stuff for using the boat goes with the boat.

- and almost every possible upgrade/addition you've heard of: Penn down-riggers loaded with spectra and mounted to spinning bases, 12' aluminum outriggers with custom-made stainless gunwale mounts, single-point hoist sling (approved for Goleta pier), Furuno radar with separate screen (older, basic, but still sees the big ships when it's foggy in the shipping lane), window and drop curtains, nice loud bluetooth/AM/FM/USB radio (with 8' antenna), nice wipers, big lighted sailing compass, mini fan, maintenance supplies (filters, engine and lower oil, hydraulic fluid and bleed kit, fuel separator), extra stainless odds and ends, second prop for lake time (or other lightweight speed missions), NIB lifting bracket for kicker that I never added, yada yada. i even have a roll of sunbrella if you wanna make a boat cover (i made my last one, which aged out of use, but i can help you make a new one).

All the full disclosure: She's dirty from winter and probably due for a wax job, autopilot compass needs calibration, fuel-flow sensor is installed but doesn't work right, same for the fuel gauge, trailer needs a couple replacement lights cuz i backed into a curb last summer... All that being said, she's turnkey and ready to fish right now. All the remodel projects were advised and often guided by some of the best in the business; this isn't a hack job, it's got an unbelievable level of upgrades, all of which make it safer, more seaworthy, more fishable, and more enjoyable.

I have clean pink slips for boat and trailer, both recently registered. The current price is based on all-in, as-is sale, given the conditions and caveats listed above, and I am hesitant to consider parting things out. I am open to all cash offers, no trades at this time, but you should really see this boat. you can drive by and see her anytime in Santa Barbara, CA.

Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

christianbrat

man shes a beaut.. GLWS!!!! Come up and take a ride on the fry from time to time now!
1989 Sea Explorer 16 w/ Custom Pilot House
2007 Honda BF90 & 2002 BF5
Built not Bought

If I could be an appliance I would be a toaster

Terrace

Are you getting another boat? Wouldn't the FG #'s stay with the boat ?
1988 17' sea ranger 90 hp yamaha

Norcalfish80

Quote from: Terrace on March 15, 2024, 06:40:32 PMAre you getting another boat? Wouldn't the FG #'s stay with the boat ?

Pretty sure you just remove FG numbers in CA could be wrong.
19HT, Yamaha 115
North Bay Area, CA

Tj805

You can leave the f and g numbers . They are registered to that haul. Good luck with the sale .
2000 sea chaser 19
Honda 130
2014 yamaha f8

AJFishin

Damn dude I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. Great boat and who ever gets it is getting an awesome boat.
GLWS!!
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

DARice

Your builds have been amazing! Great examples, inspiration, and a devil in my ear! Someone will be fortunate to enjoy the fruits of your creativity and skill. We all know that we couldn't build that boat for your asking price.

Dave
2005 Sea Chaser 17 Pilot House, Lost Sailor
'21 Honda 90, Yamaha T9.9

fishmeister

If this sale is due to the topic in your other thread, I have a hard time wishing you "GLWS".  "This sucks" seems to fit the bill a lot better.

But, if you truly do want to sell the boat, then GLWS definitely applies here.  I hope you find someone who will appreciate your hard work and give you the asking price as it's worth it.

Just my penny (inflation got the other one).
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

fishmeister

The "FG" numbers are something that I know nothing about.  However, I do believe that the MMSI follows the vessel, not the owner.  Here's the source for my info:

https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/bureau-divisions/mobility-division/maritime-mobile/ship-radio-stations/maritime-mobile

disposable

thanks for all the support and kind words. I've thought it through and this the best move for us, as it will also allow some much-needed investments elsewhere. I will definitely be looking to fish on all your boats, so look out!

I should have said "we will need to change/transfer the MMSI and maybe the FG numbers at time of sale" but I can't edit the post anymore.

also, two people have asked but I can't edit, so: range is normally 150miles with 1-2 gallons left when you get home.
Reveille
2013 Honda 90hp

christianbrat

150 mi is killer. perfect long day tuna boat
1989 Sea Explorer 16 w/ Custom Pilot House
2007 Honda BF90 & 2002 BF5
Built not Bought

If I could be an appliance I would be a toaster

fishmeister

Quote from: disposable on March 18, 2024, 12:27:26 PMI will definitely be looking to fish on all your boats, so look out!

I'd be willing to have you aboard.  The problem is that it might be a bit of a drive for you.  One thing I'm not is "right down the road from you".  But, if you're visiting my neck of the PNW during fishing season, just holler and I'll see what I can do.

Danno

Quote from: disposable on March 18, 2024, 12:27:26 PM...

I should have said "we will need to change/transfer the MMSI and maybe the FG numbers at time of sale" but I can't edit the post anymore.

also, two people have asked but I can't edit, so: range is normally 150miles with 1-2 gallons left when you get home.

Give me the specific wording you want added and where to add it and I'll take care of it.

As always, you're welcome on my Arima any time.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Terrace

You're welcome on mine anytime been doing Avila but thinking about some bounce balling and calico around tajigaus
1988 17' sea ranger 90 hp yamaha

Wiley

Dam sad news. The electric upgrades alone are better than money can buy, not to mention all the other upgrades.
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

Twnpipe

I got to see Jose's boat last week and was very impressed with the quality of his work and his sharing of information.  The cabin construction is top notch and solid.  The electric work he has done is suitable for a textbook, everything labeled and lines run distinctly. Everything on the boat is well thought out.  The Fibreglass is in great shape. With the extra fuel tanks this boat can get you everywhere.

disposable

Reveille
2013 Honda 90hp

Whiskeytango101

Boat shows well on CL! Best of luck with the sale.

martin3

Quote from: disposable on April 05, 2024, 10:52:22 PMAlright guys, wish me luck, she's on CL now...

https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/boa/d/santa-barbara-the-worlds-nicest-17ft/7734552167.html

Good luck Jose.
The ad does look great!
Someone is going to score a killer boat.
MJM3

1990 SR Skip Top  "Gypsea Soul"
2013 Etec 115H.O.

disposable

Just an update to keep the listing current: I've had a few test rides, enough compliments to have second thoughts, a few proposed trades and at least two "if you can wait until December..."s, but only a couple of real offers... in the meantime I fixed the trim motor and got her up to roughly "B-" cleanliness. Still for sale, still taking offers.
Reveille
2013 Honda 90hp