News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

MMSI Numbers

Started by Hydroman, January 17, 2023, 10:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydroman

Where do I find the list of MMSI numbers?   I need to find my number to notify them that I no longer have that VHF radio.

Thank

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Danno

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Mooch

Jim,  you can also update and cancel your MMSI here too:  https://www.boatus.com/mmsi/

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

fishmeister

I believe that the MMSI is supposed to follow the boat, not the radio.  If you still have the same boat, then you program your new VHF with the same number.  If you sold/gave your old radio to someone else, they are supposed to get their own number and reprogram the VHF with the new number.

The rub is that most of the radios only allow for one reprogram without sending it to the mfgr.

1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

Hydroman

Thanks for all of the advice.

I had previously read the instructions in the USBOAT website, but I didn't have my MMSI number.  I need the number to transfer it to the new owner.

JIm
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Hydroman

17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

Danno

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.