News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Bite Me Kicker Bracket

Started by blindmonkey, December 25, 2014, 01:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blindmonkey

I am thinking about installing one of these on my 2013 Chaser. The factory mounting holes are quite a bit lower on the transom than I have seen on earlier model years. If anybody has one of those brackets mounted on a late model boat with the factory holes could you perhaps post some pics and how it has worked. Thanks
Lorne
2013 17' Sea Chaser, Honda 90, Yamaha F8 SOLD
1994 Sea Explorer, Mercury 60, SOLD

58Johnson

I have one on its' way. I'll measure and post pics when it arrives. This one is for a Sea Chaser 15 11 (16).

Jamaica noted there is a wide (12") version and a narrow version, both for the smaller Arimas, 17ft and under.

Murray from Bite-Me-Too is very helpful and easy to work with.
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

blindmonkey

Thanks  I have been  talking to Murray, just a bit  concerned  my mounting holes seek a bit lower than what I have seen online.   
Lorne

58Johnson

I have a factory bolt pattern on a 15 11 SC. It is 6-5/8 wide and 6-3/8 high. On a 17ft Sea Chaser the bolts will straddle the contour line. Check your vertical and horizontal measurements. Arima used several different patterns.
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

blindmonkey

Yes my mounting holes do straddle the contour and my top holes are close to that contour line. I see your holes are on top section only. 
Lorne

Tom Mac

I think it will work mine is lower and I have the some kicker as you
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

blindmonkey

That looks close to how mine would mount. Did u use starboard or something like that to shim bottom out?
Lorne

Narima

That is an interesting low mount. It sure looks like the mount would be in water half way up. This is used for a short shaft?

Arima

Narima

Hmmm, maybe not so low after all. This is an Arima bracket mounted on a 17'.

Markshoreline

The main consideration is the height of the bracket's top edge where the motor clamps- dependent on the shaft length you're using.  Also, Arima now produces a fiberglass model as Mr Arima posted and they have an aluminum model similar to the Salt Boss.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

J Chaser

Lorne, mine is mounted a bit higher, and the 20" shaft on my kicker is a little short.

John
Sea Chaser 1511, Yamaha F70, Yamaha F6 kicker

blindmonkey

Thanks John, maybe mine will be just right  :smile1:
Lorne

HemiGTX

It would be a happy coincidence if you can properly locate and mount your kicker bracket using the factory holes.  Such coincidences are so rare in my life that when they do come around I'm deeply suspicious of them  :hoboy:

Let us know how it works out.
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

58Johnson

Hemigtx,
See my recent post for photos of my new kicker bracket holes NOT lining up.
2 out 4 are good. 1 is close and the other is not quite as close.
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

HemiGTX

58Johnson,

That's to be expected and no big deal.  When you mock the bracket up using the holes that DO line up, does your kicker sit at the right height? 

What are your thoughts regarding the bolts that don't line up?  Modify the boat or the mount?  If you modify the mount,  you may want to give special consideration to how to seal the resultant breach in the powdercoat. 
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

58Johnson

I don't have the kicker mounted yet. I am buying new so I can choose XL shaft or long shaft. I prefer Yamaha so XL is not an option in 8hp.
I will be enlarging the holes in the bracket. I will reprime and repaint the exposed metal.
It will be a little while before the kicker goes on.
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8