News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Mercury Insurance rate hikes

Started by allpauwork, December 19, 2013, 10:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allpauwork

I switched to Mercury car insurance when someone rearended me.  I had 21st Century Insurance at the time and the driver that hit me had Mercury insurance.  21st Century didn't lift a finger for me and I was told by the phone agent and her manager that I had to do all the leg work.  On the other hand, the Mercury insurance agent was very helpful and covered all repair cost and a little more for my inconvenience.  I was so impressed, I switched to Mercury.

I just received my Mercury insurance renewal policy and noticed it increased by $80 per year for the same coverage so I Googled Mercury insurance rate increase and found this:

http://stopprop33.consumerwatchdogcampaign.org/node/12474

I guess I'll be shopping for another car insurance carrier soon!  BTW, I always vote no on all propositions as I'm finding out they always have some hidden agendas in the small print.

ak-angler

That's what happens when the government mandates that individuals buy goods or services from private corporations. The corporations no longer have incentive to be competitive, and instead use any excuse to charge as much as they want. And we better start bracing for the same thing to happen to health insurance. Welcome to the new American economy.  :nono:
1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

Threeweight

My organization has seen 10-20% annual increases in health insurance costs for our employees going back the last 10 years.  It may get worse now, but it certainly wasn't great before. :twocents: 

We've had fairly steady rates and decent service from Progressive on our cars/truck.  For the boat, we switched over to Boat US (in large part because of well they handled Vancouver Techie's accident.)
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

allpauwork

Quote from: Threeweight on December 20, 2013, 11:06:55 AM
My organization has seen 10-20% annual increases in health insurance costs for our employees going back the last 10 years.  It may get worse now, but it certainly wasn't great before. :twocents: 

We've had fairly steady rates and decent service from Progressive on our cars/truck.  For the boat, we switched over to Boat US (in large part because of well they handled Vancouver Techie's accident.)

My health insurance costs increased by 750% in the last two years!  Luckily I'll be on Medicare next year but then just got wind my former company may drop health insurance for retirees.  Now this Prop 33 krap happens. 

I'll be looking into Progressive for vehicle insurance as they now insure my boat and RV.  Maybe I'll get some kind of discount.

StreamFixer

You will be able to count on one discount for certain.  You will only need one stamp to send your premiums   :wink:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu