News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Fuel at Sekiu??

Started by Kimbrey, June 22, 2012, 07:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimbrey

I have a guy that I work with who is planning on fishing Kings at Sekiu when it opens. He has use of a friends Uniflite Salty Dog but it doesn't have a trailer so his plan was to run it out from Bainbridge Island (YIKES  :bigshock:). I thought I read somewhere recently that Olson's won't have fuel this year. Does anyone know if this will be the case?  Real bummer if true.

Kim
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

finfinn

Not heard about i, but it could still be true. The Olsons are trying to retire and sell off the property. There is a gas station in town that some of Van Ripers customers use (yes, hauling gas cans), but for Uniflite they would need a ride to the gas station. Maybe Bill aka SekiuSaba can chime in - he has probably the best contacts in Sekiu.
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

Kimbrey

The boat is diesel also.  Not sure what the range of it is.  If there isn't any fuel at the dock maybe he can top off in PA and then fuel at PA when he goes home.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

Peddler

Quote from: Kimbrey on June 22, 2012, 11:58:34 PM
The boat is diesel also.  Not sure what the range of it is.  If there isn't any fuel at the dock maybe he can top off in PA and then fuel at PA when he goes home.

This is probably the best option.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Wyrguy

Maybe check with Canada Boarder Services Agency about coming over to Sooke or Peddar Bay to fuel. A bit of a run but probably closer than back to PA (~15 miles)?
Rick
'Arima Therapy' - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs

strokersquid

what about some 5gal tanks ? diesel fuel is not nearly as dangerous as gas to store.

SekiuSaba

The rumor is true.  As of two weeks ago there are no gas docks in the water and there are no immediate plans to put them in for this summer.  Most of us have been hauling gas from Clallam Bay for a couple of years now while we are up there.  I have 4 -5 gallon containers that we haul the gas in.  I am pretty sure there is diesel in Clallam bay as well.   He could opt to go to Neah Bay and fuel up.  I think that would be closer than going to Canada.  If I am there I would be happy to give him a ride if he has containers to haul the fuel in. 
17' SC Skip Tower - 90 & 8 Honda

finfinn

Oh bleep :facepalm:. Makes fishing there a bit more challenging.
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

GregE

I was just thinking about going to Seiku- when are you going Raimo?.  
Toy Boat has a 16 gal tank and I think she'd handle the strait OK and it sure would be easier to trailer compared to the Osprey that is berthed at Westport.  It took a tank of diesel + to pull Kodak to Neah BAy.   :twocents:

But then we couldn't overnight on the boat-  truck camper or motel?  So many questions.  :)

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

strokersquid

you are still bragging about the toy, eh ? ok , i AM jealous. you could put that up on divits on the back of the Kodiak, have the best of both worlds.

SekiuSaba

Rebait. That boat will handle the straits 90% of the time.  Last year there were couple of boats just like yours moored on my dock all summer.  There are a lot of boats out there daily that are a lot less seaworthy than your toy boat. 

Places for campers never seem to be an issue until mid September.  Depending on how long you are going to stay, 16 gals might be enough.  Most fishing is really close to the docks for Kings.  We go through 2-5 gals a day during king season.  Sometimes we will run east and will use a little more but not often.  If you have a couple of 5 gallon cans it would be good to fill them up and take them with you. 
17' SC Skip Tower - 90 & 8 Honda