News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Arimas in the hood

Started by Mooch, January 15, 2018, 09:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooch

Decided to celebrate MLK day with a little BM and SRC fishing in the 10.  It was a real treat to see so many nice Arimas on the water.  Started the morning out at Apple Tree with an awesome sunrise and a natty little Sea Ranger (I'm sure someone here will recognize).  Snapped a few pics of her between drooling all over myself and waiting for my 'rigger to trip, which never did.  That's until I picked up and left the crowd for greener pastures down at Jeff Head.  When I got there, just before tide change, I came upon a gorgeous Sea Legend which had some friendly lads aboard.  Dhill12?  Anyway while I was straining to hear how tricks were, I inadvertantly crossed my DR wire and it proceeded to hang up near my prop.  No bueno!!!  Fortunately it did not actually tangle in the prop.  Once I was able to clear it I put my tail between my legs and moved on till I was far enough away to change my shorts.  Averting my eyes from all the eye candy, I finally got down to business and put my limit in the boat with enough time to do some C&R with some spanky inshore SRC on the bug rod.  All in all a GREAT day.  Thanks guys, I enjoyed the MLK parade.  ;)

Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

rasslingref

That looks like an awesome day. Great photos and thanks for sharing the photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1998 19' SR HT 2019 Yamaha 115 2017 Yamaha 9.9
Kitsap County, WA

GregE

Wow.

Beautiful day and great photos!!   :applause:
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Rokefin

:applause: :applause: :applause: :beerchug:

Markshoreline

Great pics and a productive morning fishing, too!  Very nice.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Dhil12

Hey that 22 Sea legend is Me ! :arms:
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

Dhil12

Quote from: Mooch on January 15, 2018, 09:26:46 PM
Decided to celebrate MLK day with a little BM and SRC fishing in the 10.  It was a real treat to see so many nice Arimas on the water.  Started the morning out at Apple Tree with an awesome sunrise and a natty little Sea Ranger (I'm sure someone here will recognize).  Snapped a few pics of her between drooling all over myself and waiting for my 'rigger to trip, which never did.  That's until I picked up and left the crowd for greener pastures down at Jeff Head.  When I got there, just before tide change, I came upon a gorgeous Sea Legend which had some friendly lads aboard.  Dhill12?  Anyway while I was straining to hear how tricks were, I inadvertantly crossed my DR wire and it proceeded to hang up near my prop.  No bueno!!!  Fortunately it did not actually tangle in the prop.  Once I was able to clear it I put my tail between my legs and moved on till I was far enough away to change my shorts.  Averting my eyes from all the eye candy, I finally got down to business and put my limit in the boat with enough time to do some C&R with some spanky inshore SRC on the bug rod.  All in all a GREAT day.  Thanks guys, I enjoyed the MLK parade.  ;)

Great pictures and thanks for getting a pic of me. we didnt fair as well as you. 12-15 hookups,18-21inches, no keepers but a fun day! Next time come over and say Hi!
Darrell
2018 Sea Legend ht with bulkhead
2018 Yamaha 200
9.9 yamaha kicker

stewski346

Great report and beautiful pics.  I am always amazed how many Arimas I see also. I thought I was the only one who used a dual lock on my spoon leaders. Guess the cats out of the bag.  I find that I change it out more often if it doesn't have a permanent leader. Question, do you troll for SRC? Not familiar with a bug rod...
'92 SR 17, 115 Yamaha main, 9.9 Yamaha kicker

Mooch

Quote from: stewski346 on January 23, 2018, 09:43:15 PM
Great report and beautiful pics.  I am always amazed how many Arimas I see also. I thought I was the only one who used a dual lock on my spoon leaders. Guess the cats out of the bag.  I find that I change it out more often if it doesn't have a permanent leader. Question, do you troll for SRC? Not familiar with a bug rod...

The DuoLock is sure easier than retying tying locking loops on choppy water.  Plus the fish don't seem to care.  I think they also unleash the spoons maximum flutter.

You can troll for SRC, but I just motor drift along the shoreline and cast a fly rod (aka bug rod) in towards shallow water.  It's great to see the SRC making a come back to levels I remember in the 70's.  Good luck and play nice with them.  ;)
Matt. 8:27    The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

First Cabin

Nice job.  Yeah, I would have told you not to put a Duolok in front of your spoon! :biggrin:
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8