News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

roller at bow eye

Started by lloyds, January 10, 2018, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyds

I have a 15' 11" sea explorer on a shorelandr trailer.  The roller at the bow rides "under" the bow eye.  I am thinking that changing that roller to a double roller assembly would cure that problem but can't find one on the internet and shorelandr doesn't make one.  Anyone have any ideas where I could find one or even seen one?
1997 sea explorer

Fisherdv

Why not just adjust the roller to go on top of the bow eye?
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

AJFishin

I've been there done that with my Pacific Trailer :facepalm:.
My issue was the post was to short and I had to get a new post.

Try fisherdv idea, that might be the answer.

If not, you might need to put the boat in the water and then do the adjustments, depending on where the boats sitting on the trailer.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

lloyds

Part of the problem is the tongue is a folding tongue and the post is all the way forward.  I need to slide the boat back but not sure if I can slide it far enough back to not make it to light on the hitch.
1997 sea explorer

Salmon King

Quote from: lloyds on January 10, 2018, 06:14:32 PM
Part of the problem is the tongue is a folding tongue and the post is all the way forward.  I need to slide the boat back but not sure if I can slide it far enough back to not make it to light on the hitch.
You could...Add a spare tire to the tongue. That would offset some of the weight.
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Fisherdv

Maybe get a higher winch post :shrug9: are you able to post some pictures?

Fisherdv

Go about 10 topics down under Arima life. There's a topic called "bow roller does this look right" by AJFISHIN. Read that it may help :shrug9: