News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Upgrades to my Chaser

Started by Pescadote, March 15, 2015, 07:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pescadote

Not sure if these pictures are going to attach, but hope this works! 

Fairly new member here and haven't posted a lot yet.  Thought, however, that I would show a few mods that I have made to my '09 Chaser and give just a bit of history.  Used to mainly fish rivers here in Oregon and had a Jetcraft sled.  That is, until I took it up to Port Hardy one year and realized very quickly that my boat was not made for that type of fishing!   So, I went back home and traded my old boat in on the Arima and have never looked back.  Did my research and thought that for my wants and limited garage space, an Arima was what I needed!   I have three daughters and they quickly named the boat the "Fishy Wagon," so I guess that has stuck.

Still fish the rivers some, but also do a yearly trip up to Port Hardy every July and also like to fish out of Newport and Depoe Bay. 

Picture 1:
As you can see, the fit is pretty tight!   Measured it many times and decided that an 17'Chaser would fit in the garage (just barely) and give me more freedom to pursue salty adventures up in BC and here off of the Oregon coast. 

Picture 2: 
My first upgrade, I transferred the bow roller from my sled to the Arima.

Picture 3:
When you can't afford an arch loaded with rocket launchers, this isn't a bad second options!

Picture 4:
I first transferred my old kicker and bought a used adjustable bracket.  However, old kicker eventually died, and I didn't really like the adjustable bracket, so I had a local fabricator weld me up a bracket for my kicker and bought an XL shaft kicker.  I love the combination and the electric tilt! 

Pescadote

One more picture; this is from a great day of fishing up in PH last summer.

Salmon King

Nice boat!  Well done upgrades...
That's one serious anchor nest!
PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

Norcaltodd

Very nice boat and thanks for sharing the photos. We have the exact same boat/motor combination with the exception of the anchor roller. Great set up!
2000 Sea Chaser 17 w/115hp Yamaha main
Mill Valley, CA

Tunacious

Nice boat and modifications.  Thanks for posting the photos.
Tunacious

Markshoreline

Nice mods!  You should have your fabrication guy offer kicker brackets here to our members!

Thanks for posting.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9