News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno

Welcome to the new Arima Boat Owners Group. Thank you for stopping by. This is the new forum spawned from the Google Arima Boat Owners forum and from the Yuku Arima Boat Owners Forum for those that want easier and smarter access to Arima information.

Introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about you Arima life and post your favorite Arima photo.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Threeweight

Howdy!

Someone passed the link on to me, so  I thought I'd stop by and say hi.  If anyone has need of advice on restoring a 22 year old Arima, shoot me a PM.

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Seattleflyfisher

Hello

I was banned for the Yuku site because I replied to Goodnight Moons comment ( I said the word Gross ).

I hope I am welcomed here;)

Danno

Absolutely you're welcome here!     :arms:

Everyone is.   :applause:

StreamFixer

I don't know SFF,  you seem pretty volatile to me.  I mean after all using the word "Gorss".  I guess we'll just have to watch you for the next couple of decades.   javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);

Good to see you here. 

StreamFixer.
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

croaker stroker

Whew !!! :doh:
Thanks Streamfixer.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Danno

Hey Croaker, welcome aboard! :wink:

Seems my emoticons aren't working too well.  :shrug9:

:hoboy: :doh: :biggrin: :nono: :facepalm: :smile1: :jester: :whistle: :twocents:

Danno

Hmm, it's just these two that don't work...    :arms[1]: :applause[1]:

woody

This is a good one.

http://gregsmarinewiresupply.com/Zen/

Any chance you can catagorize these:  Electrical, canvas, etc?

Woody

cbunk

You can count me in.   :biggrin:
1991 17' Sea Chaser
1991 100hp Mercury
1993  9.9hp Mercury

MrG

MrG here.  Streamfixer told me about this new site, so I'll jump on ,too.

Gary
1990 Sea Hunter 15
2009 Yamaha F60

Sometimes, when the water is still and it's very quiet, you can hear the fish laughing at you.

Jay in Kitsap

I've been on the Yuku site for about 18 months, I have an 84 SR 17 that was a good hull but not much else.  If I was smarter or wiser, I would have gone for a much newer one then.  Instead with a lot of effort and green stuff I have basically a new boat for less than a new boat, but a lot more than a good condition boat about 10 years old.

I'm in Kitsap County Washington on the Puget Sound.

Anyway, I'll probably be on both sites.

Jay
'84 SR17 Restored '10 Honda BF90

wedocq

Hello,
So it was you Seattle Fly Fisher? I was trying to connect the dots from what posts were missing and thought it was Danno. I thought we had a good thing going over there. Maybe we can replicate here!

-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Seattleflyfisher

Yeah....it was me.

She made a sad statement about danno. I have never met any of these guys on any of these sites. So I made a comment that the statement was gross.

She bands ME.......

Not sure where she is at in the head!

Threeweight

She edited/deleted a number of posts.  When things got really wacky last Friday there was a disturbing "No more nonsense!" post by her that said it was her way or the highway, if we didn't like it go start a new site, then threatened to ban anyone who made trouble.  Also stated that she had just banned SFF.

I posted a "so long, I'm taking a break" comment after that.  Came back the next morning to find her "No more nonsense!" post was gone, and so was my "so long" post. 

Life's too short to deal with that kind of crap.  I have a feeling she hadn't really been paying attention to the board in quite a while, and after the debates over forum moderation/improvements and businesses wanting to advertise got started, she probably got some hysterical emails from a few folks, then acted based on them without really knowing who anyone is or what they contributed to the site.

I'm glad SeaChaser got this place going, hopefully we can stay on track and talk about Arima boats without getting into a lot of drama.

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Danno

I have been on all sorts of forums for 15 years and I have never seen an Admin erase part of a member's post and add a comment that reversed the member's comment in favor of the Admin as if the member wrote it. That was classic.  :hoboy:

There's no doubt that issues over at Yuku drove the creation of this site. Let's not discuss it publicly here so that we can get back to talking Arimas. Our day will come when we have some type of issue. All forums do. The most successful forums have members that moderate each other. I'm still looking for volunteers for official positions.

Danno

ThreeWeight put this banner together. It looks great!    :biggrin:

Vancouvertechie

Hello,

I am a new Arima owner.  I have a 2003 Sea Hunter with a 50HP Suzuki that I am very eager to try out.  I hope to someday meet some or all of you on the water. 

Would be neat to have a gathering somewhere. 

John
2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

croaker stroker

Hi Vancouvertechie.

Nice boat. I like the font you used on your registration numbers. Glad to have you with us.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

SRanger

Coming Aboard,

Bought my first boat April 2010.  A 17ft SeaRanger.  Appreciate all the info shared on the Yuku site and expecting more of the same here!

Censorship is BAD,  Arima boats are Good. 

SRanger / Todd
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)

StreamFixer

Vancouvertechie & SRanger

Hi Guys.  Glad to see you here.  Many good times ahead   :biggrin:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

fishing eagle

Hello guys and ladies too. I just read Croaker Strokers post on the other site so I thought I would come and say hello. Yes it is the guy from back east in the Adirondack Mountains of northern New York. I too am interested in my Arima and your Arima boats without drama. So if you don't mind, I would like to check out the site.
(Reel Delight) a 2001 Sea Ranger 19, 2003 Honda 90, 2010 Yamaha T8 w/power tilt, Panther T4 steering system, Hummingbird electronics, & Scotty 1116 electric downriggers.
U.S. Navy Veteran, member of U.S. Power Squadron & Past President of Lake George Fishing Alliance (Retired & ready to fish!)

Threeweight

Welcome, Fishing Eagle!  I think you will recognize quite a few names/faces over here.

Croaker no longer seems to exist on the other site.  Even his old posts are gone  :hoboy:

--- Hunter S. Thompson

GoodDays

Hey..Its GoodDays Greg from the other site.. 17 SeaRanger with a 90 Honda.. Sad that I now have to lurk on two sites but happy to see all the`` familiar`` folks here.... I Normally fish in the Central Vancouver Island area... on both sides...

Good Days Greg

StreamFixer

FE  Yeah Croaker's posts seem to have disappeared, including the one you have referred to.  Isn't that strange????  I wonder what that is all about?   :shrug9:

Of course the next question might be  Who gives a rip...  We have a site that allows us to have open and honest discussion, even disagreement sometimes, here.  It's our job to keep it that way.

Hey GoodDays ... you posted while I was writing this.  Good to see you too...  hope more of the old gang joins us soon.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade