News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Swing Tongue again....

Started by Vancouvertechie, March 02, 2012, 11:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouvertechie

Well I had to cut it to get it in the garage.

VT
2003 15' SeaHunter 50HP Suzuki (FI4Strk)
1991 16' SeaChaser 50HP Johnson (Keith)
1995 19' SeaRanger 115 Yamaha (FI4Strk)
1992 Zodiac Hurricane Honda 135HP
1987 44' Tollycraft Motoryacht

Hydro-Therapy

Well at least you got it in the garage ,but now you have to put the swing joint on before you can go use it. LOL  Congrats on the new ride.

H-T
Fish forever Work whenever !!!!!
"89" 19SR Keith 115 Merc. 15 4s kicker W/trollmaster Raymarine A70D

Vancouvertechie

I made some progress today.  I will have to do the wiring tomorrow sometime.

VT

xplorz

Nice! I need to do that even though mine does fit, I could free up some room. Mine is complicated by a hydraulinc brake line though.....
'89 Arima Sea Chaser 17, 98 Honda horses.

Threeweight

Sweet... I have the same fitting on mine.

Might want to spray the metal exposed by your cut with cold-galvanizing paint (if you haven't already)... I have some in the garage if you need it.  Remember to use waterproof connectors when you re-do the wiring... I added some wire loom to protect the wires from getting pinched.

Xplorz, re: your brake line... you can swap over to a rubber hose for that section.  Problem solved!
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

theSaltyPuddle

That's the same one I used on my last trailer.  Just wondering why you cut the wiring instead of running it continuously?  Also, how did it water test with the 45hp?  Bet it planed fine but cruised at high rpm.

Sent from my HTC
1985 SC 17, 2017 Mercury 90Hp

Markshoreline

Well, the swing arm is much better than my last solution.  I had to sawzall an opening into the basement garage wall to get my boat backed under the house (in Ballard, seattle).  Unfortunately, that wall opened up into the laundry area so every time my wife (at the time) did laundry she looked at the trolling and main motor which were hanging in there.  Made her think about my leisure time way too much, i think.
Mark
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

Vancouvertechie

Getting ready to wrap it all up.

VT

Chief of the Boat

I have been putting off some projects, last weekend I put a second battery (pics to follow) the tongue swing project is drilllllling intensive.
Terry

Seattleflyfisher