News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Arima upgrades -- switch panel

Started by Threeweight, February 28, 2012, 09:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threeweight

I have been putting off posting pics of my Star Board install, hoping for a day when it would stop raining in Portland and I could clean up the boat.  It appears that may be sometime in June, so I decided to post some pictures tonight.

First upgrade, I got rid of my old toggle switches and replaced with a new waterproof Blue Sea panel.  I cut out the hole for the switch with a cutting bit on a Dremel.  Worked great.

Here's the new panel with the cover off, showing the fuses:

Rubber cover that clips in over the fuses:

Finished product, with the white cover.  Switches are red-ish orange when turned off, go green when turned on.  Has a built in set up for running lights and the anchor light, note with running lights on the anchor is lit up.  

You can also see where I sealed my old cup holder on that side with Marine Tex.  At some point I will go back and cover it (and that scratch) with gel coat.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

First Cabin

Nice work.  I have the old switches so this may be in my future.

Love what you did to the cup holder too.  Always questioned the logic of that cup holder that drains into the electrical...
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

vxhatch

Very nice! I had that switch panel in the 8 switch version on my 17 SR and really liked it. So much so I bought the 8 switch one, the 4 switch one and the 2 switch one for the new 19 SC  :biggrin:
2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman