News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

help me by my husband the right grill for his birthday please

Started by fishwife, March 27, 2024, 03:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishwife

Hello!
We just got our first boat Arima sea ranger last summer and are excited to spend lots of time on it this summer. My husband's bday is coming up and I wanted to buy him a grill for the boat. Would you guys' mind giving me some recommendations?
Thanks!

JamesBee19791

About 8 years ago I was in the same boat. I bought a Weber Q 1200 for the boat, then bought a bait tray that fits in a rod holder and tied it down with a bungee cord. It cooks evenly with no real hot spots. I've cooked all kinds of stuff on it, even on windy days. I do use it at home for quick stuff and the wife likes to use it at home, shes doesn't want to play with my other grills. I did buy a longer hose and connections to run it off a 20 pound tank, it didn't work too well so I run it off 1 pound bottles.

I like this little grill so much I actually bought a 2nd one and converted it to LP so I can run it to the quick connect on my travel trailer.

There is also the Magna stainless grills that are marketed for boats, I read they don't cook evenly and have hot spots.

James

91 SC17, 19 Yamaha 115, 17 Yamaha 9.9

martin3

That WEBER grill is a great choice.
I have the same one.

It even comes in a Beige color that matches the older Arima Gelcoat.
If you have the rear bait table....it fits like it is made for it.

MJM3

1990 SR Skip Top  "Gypsea Soul"
2013 Etec 115H.O.

davidsea

Great gift idea!
  I wanted a boat grill that was somewhat dual-purpose, like the Webers, but also in stainless steel.  I settled on a KUUMA 125, and have been happy with it over the last 3 years.  I have a mount for it that uses the factory Arima pole holder, but it also has 4 fold-down feet that will sit on any level surface.  Its rectangular shape is easier to stow than the round Magna grills.  (It fits easily in the under-seat storage box.)
  Whatever grill you choose, when it's in use on the boat make sure it's as far away as possible from the fuel tank vent.   My SR's vent is portside in the motor well, so I always use the starboard pole holder to mount the grill.
kuuma.JPG
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

disposable

First of all, the mere fact you're doing this convinces me beyond any doubt that your hubby will stoked. What a thoughtful gift and considered effort!

I'm big on rod holder mounts, personally, because they stay put and also preserve deck space (if used correctly). Bonus: fat drippings will hopefully land in the sea and not your deck! Some models have a modular attachment, so you can remove the rod holder insert and then use the grill legs (for a tailgate or shore adventure?). West marine will show you some huge grills, but these boats are small so if you're only cooking for two I'd prefer a smaller, less bulky one.

Finally, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but all my bbqs eventually get gross, and the boat grill is no different. You may want to consider the storage and stowage, maybe see how the grill fits in your favorite Rubbermaid tote...?
Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

davidsea

:yeahthat:
  Adding the optional pole-holder mount to this one checks all the boxes.....
            https://www.camcomarine.com/products/stow-n-go-125-gas
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

crazyfisher

I have the magma circle grill with Scotty mount. Used it a handful of time when out salmon fishing in the sea hunter. It work out great but storage was the concern on the sea hunter.

With more room in the sea chaser I'll dust it off and start using it again. I do like the kuuma grill as it's rectangle.

I found the kuuma for 173 on amazon
https://a.co/d/4DLOOX4

fishwife

Thank you everyone for the helpful advice.  I ended up getting my husband the Kuuma 125 grill and he is super excited about it. You guys are awesome, thank you!

fishmeister

Someone forgot to inform this kind lady about the second-most important thing on this site (helping spend other people's money being #1)....

P I C T U R E S!!!

Let's see the grill, your Arima, and your happy hubby.   :clap:
1981 Sea Hunter (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

KEM KAI

My wife got me an Arima 17SR(happy me). But since you already hav a boat the grill sounds soo good. Happy cruising.