News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Banned Again

Started by Hunter, December 02, 2023, 09:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

On Thursday I brought my laptop to my office conference room in Everett, WA about 15 miles from my house and definitely not anywhere near Al Qaida, China or any foreign hacker territories.  I knew it was going to be a long boring day watching training videos that I've see a hundred times so was hoping to spend some of the time perusing my favorite forums.  Tried to log in here and got the death message that I am permanently banned and it will not be lifted, EVER.  Tried clearing all cookies, history, passwords, etc.   No go.  Came home, reconnected to my home network and tried everything again on the laptop.  No go.  Same messaging. 

I'm typing this message from my home office desktop and all is working fine......same home network.....except I'd rather be able to use my laptop.  I guess I can understand this happening if I travel abroad to a country that's questionable..... but Everett???  Right next to a Navy Base?   

PS.....I'm on multiple other forums and none of them EVER have this issue no matter where I travel in the world....EVER. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas to figure this out and hopefully prevent it from ever happening again!     
2001 Sea Legend 22 (Gone But Not Forgotten)
2017 Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 ET-HT - Honda BF250 & Honda 9.9 Power Thrust
All Garmin Electronics

"ALWAYS QUESTION AUTHORITY!!"

davidsea

Hunter:   What OS and software version on the laptop?  My wife and I road-tripped to Minn. and back 1 1/2yrs. ago, had same problems as you all the way.  Downloaded software update in Spokane on the way back and problem hasn't recurred since.  Still don't know why.
  Maybe they installed jammer/tracker device along with your new shoulder hardware ???  Try wrapping the shoulder in tinfoil, see if that helps..... :facepalm:   Seriously, hope you get this sorted out - Danno can work some magic.
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

BayWolf

I'm sure Danno will get you sorted out. 

One thing I found is when I'm using my laptop away from home, if I connect to the internet through some business or hotels system, I get a lot of problems.  I believe it's because of proxy servers and masks that many businesses IT departments have put into place due to the degree of ransom ware and hacks.  Essentially, your laptop is trying to access a server but the IP cannot be traced, confirmed or validated. 

Perhaps AO server has been scripted to flag these?
My best guess anyway.

If I'm only going to casually surf, I will use my cell hot spot and use a private browsing window. (Apple) 

I'm sure they will get you sorted.
"Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting."

First Sergeant
U.S. Army (retired) :flag:
WWW.Youtube.com/@Baywolf_Films

Hunter

Thanks for the responses..... I'm back on my desktop for this reply....  Still have the same issues on my laptop and no idea how to fix it.  See snip below of the messaging I receive....only on my laptop!    Dave...My laptop is basically new....justs a few months old.  Windows 11 and I use Chrome.  The weird thing is that my desktop works but not my laptop and both are on the same home network.  Also, my laptop worked perfectly for several months before I took it to the Everett office just a few miles away.

All Garmin Electronics

croaker stroker

Did you try hooking up your laptop to your phone hotspot?
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Hunter

Actually....  I tried removing Chrome and reinstalling...   No go.   So I installed Firefox and so far I can now log in on my laptop with Firefox.   :beerchug:  I'm just concerned that if I bring my laptop anywhere that the same thing will happen with Firefox.   Guess we'll see..   Thanks Everyone!!!   Guess ya'll will still need to put up with me for awhile longer!!    Cheers!
All Garmin Electronics

davidsea

:yeahthat:

I think what we all would like to know is the 'why' of all these seemingly random blockings. That said, I appreciate the obvious protections of the ArimaOwners site service, since we get near-zero problems with bots and spam.  We'll put up with you no matter what, even owning a tinnie....
   You could be right about Everett, though.  I lived there for 25 years, and even though it's been 16 years since I moved to Shoreline, some of them still hold a grudge... :facepalm: 
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

GregE

Hmmmm,  my log on worked just now......  Just after I repowered the modem.

LInky, thinky?!?
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

fishmeister

Greg might be on to something.....

I've had a couple of recent occasions where my FuboTV subscription quit delivering my local (Seattle) TV stations.

Turned out the cause was my Starlink internet.  For some unknown reason, Starlink had transferred my service through somewhere in Nevada.  A simple reboot (power down, wait about a minute, and power back up) of my Starlink router was all it took to reset me to the servers in the Seattle area and restore my FuboTV to normal.
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

croaker stroker

:shrug9: :beerchug: :jester:
I recommend avoiding those websites populated with scantily clad twins. 
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

fishmeister

Quote from: croaker stroker on December 04, 2023, 04:38:59 PM:shrug9: :beerchug: :jester:
I recommend avoiding those websites populated with scantily clad twins.

Yeah.  Just post the pics here, where it's much safer.   :clap:  :jester:
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

Hunter

Back by popular request!    Twins on an Arima!! 

All Garmin Electronics