News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Tip - Embedding a YouTube Video into your Post

Started by Danno, February 09, 2011, 12:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danno

There are a couple of different ways to embed a YouTube video into your post.

First is simply putting an external link to the video on YouTube. By clicking on the lick, a new window will come up with the video in the new window and the YouTube web page.

If you want to give the link a name rather than showing the actual URL code (the "hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga6WdGka") then adjust the URL tags and URL to include an equal sign(=) like this:  {url=hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga6WdGka}Link Name{/url}.  Here's what it will look like in the post: Link Name. Both do the same thing. By clicking on the link a new window or tab will open with the video on the YouTube web page.

Embedding the link directly into the post is a little more tricky but easy once you get the hang of it.

• Click on the INSERT FLASH button above or type {flash=200,200}{/flash}. Use square brackets [] in place of the {}.
  • Paste your URL in between the ][ brackets like this:  {flash=200,200}hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga6WdGka{/flash}. Again, in order to show the text in this post, I have to use {} instead of [].
  • Remove the "watch?v=" from the middle of the URL and replace it with "/v/". So it now looks like this:
    {flash=200,200}hxxp://www.youtube.com/v/ga6WdGka{/flash}. Remember the square brackets.
  • The "200,200" in the {flash=200,200} is the pixel size of the image in the post in {flash=width,height} format. I recommend keeping the width at 480 or less. If you click on the EMBED button on the YouTube page, you will see the video's size. Use the width:height numbers it diplays in the embedded code. If the width is larger than 480 adjust it down by a percentage to 480 or less. Use the same percentage to reduce the hieght in order to maintain the same picture aspect ratio.

Here's the result:
http://www.youtube.com/v/b3UhzETSTsQ

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

woody

Thanks Dan.  That's easy, I followed every word. (NOT) is there a test after?

How about if I ever want something like that I"ll call you or Steve, tell you want and just sit back and let you do it .  Of course I could have my grand daughter come over and do it for me.

Woody

croaker stroker

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Danno

show me a photobucket video and I will see what I can do.

croaker stroker

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Danno

Hmm. Can't do it yet. I'll have to find more time to work on this one.

woody

Well once again I didn't understand a word you just said.  Did see a little video when  clicked on it though.  Does that make me video literate?

Woody

croaker stroker

Here's how for Photobucket....

1. Find the video you uploaded in Photobucket and click on it.

2. On the right, you will see a box that says "share this video"

3. Copy either "IMG" code and then go to your post and paste it.

(no need to click on any buttons on the Arima site)

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸