News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

LvrWurst

Started by Fishin Machine, March 09, 2019, 09:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishin Machine

Some of you might remember my good freind LvrWurst (John). He is one of the reasons I own a Arima today, John knows more about Arima's than most. He help me setup my Arima and kept me from making stupid mistakes while purchasing and making changes.

John sold his last Arima and purchase a tin can since it suited his needs for fishing in the California Delta. Within a year or so after his purchase of his tin can, he was diagnose with stage 4 lung cancer. He is currently in a Hospice hanging on to life. John is the nicest person you will ever know. Please pray for him and his family.

Last year I had ankle surgery and need to change the water pump in my boat he was willing to come over to help me because of my disability even though he has stage four cancer and in pain. People like that are rare and few.

FM

DDT
2003 19' Sea Ranger

GoodDays

Prayers for your struggle John !   Thank you for your comradeship on this page !
GoodDays Greg

croaker stroker

I have been praying for John and Alma. I have been calling him periodically. Long conversations. He was doing better last time, but Cancer is unpredictable. I called him twice about a month ago and no answer. No call back. I have been worried. His humor and kindness are recorded on many pages in this Forum. He is one of the most caring persons that I have ever met.

Thanks for the update. 
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

58Johnson

For anyone who does not know John (LvrWurst) here is a quote from one of his posts about lifes challenges:

"John......yep....I feel for you and often wonder how many "curve balls" we can take in our lifetimes. You've shared a lot with us since I met you up in Hillsboro to pick-up that companion storage seat for my Arima. That was after the major entanglement with your boat anchor. Didn't think anything could get worse than that....but you heroically weathered that and continued to be a remarkable example to all of us.......... I am sure you will overcome the current obstacles. Best heartfelt wishes to you....
John W....AKA Liverwurst.....

For the good of the order, I want to post this letter from a dear friend of my mine, who will remain anonymous, but it may serve to stimulate those of us to keep in touch with others who need a some encouragement....noting that we do care about you.

Subject: THANKS  "The true mark of friendship are those little often selfless things that people do that many times go unnoticed.  I refer specifically to your most recent invitation to go fishing tomorrow.  To some it might not seem like anything more than an invitation, but to me, I see it as an attempt on your part to get me out of the house and out of the recent funk I find myself in.  I'm admittedly in a downward spiral right now...and I'm feeling it physically, emotionally, and mentally.  This is the first time I've ever allowed myself to think about an inability to do the most menial of tasks....like getting up off my knees...or looking up for more than 30 seconds...or the fact I'm getting cataracts, my teeth are rotting out, and arthritis is setting in to my spine and knee.  Every morning I awaken in pain and the first thing I do is take pain med's.   At this point  I need a cervical fusion, a knee replacement, cataract surgery, and an increase in the strength of the already strong med's I'm taking.  This many faceted compilation of physical failures is weighing heavily upon my mental state.  I am trying to set aside some of this and improve my mental outlook, but in the mean time, I just need to try to accept what is inevitable without fighting it.  All this comes back to the original theme...and that is, Thanks for being there and putting up with my idiosyncrasies in the spirit of friendship."

So John.. from ALL of us....you are fondly in our thoughts, and "do you want to go fishing tomorrow?"

Regards from all!
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8

amazing grace

Thanks  for the update on JW. I bought my first Arima from John several  years ago.  He met me up in central Wa. to delv. his 19SR skiptop. Maintained a long distance relationship for several  years. Just a great guy. I talked with him on a regular basis. The last conversation I  had with him I could tell it was difficult for him and would be our last.
Love you brother and Godspeed. See you in Heaven!

Your friend, AG.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

StreamFixer

I too had the priveledge of getting to know 'lvrwurst'.  I was fortunate to be able to visit he and his lovely wife.  He took me fishing where I as allowed to harvest the entire catch for the day --- 1 striper.  Good times and much appreciated.

I too think of him often and pray for his continuing journey.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

GregE

I had hoped to visit him- it seemed we were behind schedule passing thru the N Bay area and I couldn't raise him on the phone.  I sure regret that- but maybe he was fishing.

Good man so typical of many on this forum- willing to help others in many ways.

Prayers for John and God's peace for the family.

G
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Hydroman

Our prayers and thoughts are with you during these difficult times.

Jim
17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

BruceL2_Fish

Prayers for John and family.  Also for you as you go through this tough time with your friend. 
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

beancounter

Prayers here for John and his family at this time. Have enjoyed his input here and the other Arima forums for many years.