News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Another VHF antenna question

Started by HemiGTX, April 22, 2017, 07:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemiGTX

This is all good stuff!  Thanks
AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

Kimbrey

The marine SSB radios that I've worked with through the years all had an antenna tuner.  In Alaska we generally monitored 4125 kHz but if we swapped to a different frequency we'd key the mic which would make the tuner dial the proper antenna length.  On some of the old ones you could actually hear the tuner grinding away.
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

wedocq

Quote from: markshoreline on April 23, 2017, 03:16:18 PM
Shawn/hemi, I will rail mount my new antenna this week- how /where did you route the cable into the cabin?

Mine is actually attached to the rail of the rocket launcher now, which gives it another 6" of height...haha :biggrin: My installation is only slightly more professional than Hemis. it's zip tied to the rail all the way to the front, where there is a hole drilled and it goes down the hardtop and along the tube on the inside of the cabin to behind the bulkhead.
-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Markshoreline

Here's what I ended up doing...
Wanted the antenna on the rail for additional height.  The Digital antenna has an adapter that lets you run the cable through a 3/8" hole.

2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

HemiGTX

Mark, that is a clean installation.  Where does it enter the cockpit?

AKA: "The guy who fishes with Nicole"

Markshoreline

I drilled a 3/8" hole just below the roof access hatch.  I routed the cable around the window then forward.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9