News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Can a 13 pitch 4-blade aluminum prop be made into a 12 or 12 1/2 pitch?

Started by Fisherdv, February 04, 2018, 06:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherdv

I've been running with my 4-blade Honda prop 13.25X13 the last few trips and I'm really liking it. I can get to 5600, trimmed down and about 5800 trimmed up some with a light load. No problem with hole shot, about 6 sec. I'm worried with a heavier load I may not be able to get it to the desired max rpm. So my question is can I have this 13 pitch prop worked to be a 12 or 12 1/2 pitch? They 13 pitch is the lowest they make for my motor in a Honda Solis 4-blade. I'm thinking a 12 or 12 1/2 pitch would be perfect. I swap between this prop and my PowerTech SS prop.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60

Markshoreline

My local Prop Shop in Mukilteo, WA can adjust the pitch down about 1/2 inch.  I had a prop adjusted but haven't tested it yet.
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

croaker stroker

I had an 11 pitch four blade on my little Sprinter with Yamaha F50 because they didn't offer a 12p.

Too bad they don't pitch those props in 1" increments. I could use a 14p on my Etec.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Yachter Yat

Fisher;  Do you think it would be worth checking with Power Tech to see if that's something they could do?   :shrug9:

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Yachter Yat

Croaker;  I agree 100%.  It's beyond me why these prop manufacturers don't offer props in 1" increments.  Even if they didn't stock every single one...........couldn't they still be manufactured as ordered.  Isn't that what Prop Tech does?   I never understood that.

Yat
Being married, is when the woman you're with asks you to remove your pants........because they need washing.   
16 SC/Honda 60  (sold)

Fisherdv

Quote from: Yachter Yat on February 05, 2018, 11:11:35 AM
   Fisher;  Do you think it would be worth checking with Power Tech to see if that's something they could do?   :shrug9:

Yat
I will give them a call and see. I doubt however they would want to work on a prop that's not their own though. I agree that all props should come in 1" pitch increments to really fine tune performance.
2018 Sea Chaser 16, Honda BFP60