News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Yeah! It worked!!!

Started by Markshoreline, April 11, 2013, 08:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markshoreline

I actually installed the entire Lenco package with the LED switch and added an extra orange wire shut off switch and the first time I tried it, EVERYTHING WORKED!!!  So sweet!

I'm feeling so good, I've started thinking about getting after that damn wiper!

Getting ready for Neah Bay!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

CompTime

Nice Mark, fancy lights will be nice before sunrise.
Is that whistle on your dash with the tools in case you get hungry you can just blow it and your wife will run a sandwich and a beer out to the boat for you?
If so can you have her talk to my wife?
SEA RANGER 19 /GOT-BAIT?

LvrWurst 21 SR Skip

:party:Way to go Mark......    :doh: shoulda seen me with the Chuckster looking over my shoulder when we did the Lenco's on his 19 SR. Finally had to call Lenco to find out where that orange wire attached....Worked out fine...the boat was sold...just can't remember how we did the orange wire. Anyway....congratulations....have fun. J W
19' Jetcraft  Like new 115 Yami 4 Stroke 
SOLD  16 Sea Explorer - 17 SR Skip -19 SR Skip - 21 SR Skip

German Sausages are the WURST!

wedocq

2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

croaker stroker

Professional looking job. Nice install !  :clap:
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer - 2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Markshoreline

Thanks guys, I'm just glad it worked!

Comp, in my house it works the other way... I stop working to fix Lisa lunch.  You do not want your wife to talk to my wife!!!

JW, I got the info on the orange wire from your posting so thank you very much!!!  Just goes to show what a great resource our community is!

I get spray over my bow (its the older hull without the large chine up front) so I have added silicone to seal my switches this time.  Not quite as pretty but I know it's water tight.  Now, about those cup holders on the dash...

Tom Mac

Good job! you are going to like that much more than the smart tabs :clap:
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha

Seattleflyfisher

Mark, I have some electrical work that needs to be done on my boat. The list is on my refrigerator.....go for it!

SFF

CanvasGuy

Quote from: markshoreline on April 11, 2013, 10:39:52 PM

I get spray over my bow (its the older hull without the large chine up front) so I have added silicone to seal my switches this time.  Not quite as pretty but I know it's water tight.  Now, about those cup holders on the dash...
CONGRATS... now next step Go 1 up on a New Arima..

Mark Come Over to the "DRY SIDE"....Install Smart Rails...You will be SO,,,ooooooo GLAD You Did!
and you can thumb your  nose at those guys slowing down cause there getting wet..
and just drop them tabs and get after it...
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

Secret Spot

Congratulation!  I know that feeling well.  I am not used to having things work out right the first time.  However, when I intalled the same Lenco setup on the Secret Spot, I had the same results as you.  It was a great feeling...

Again, congrats!!!

Larry - Secret Spot

Threeweight

Re: the cup holders... Marine Tex will fix it to.  Pull the holder, and rough up the sides of the hole (clean off any old sealant).  Clean it up with acetone.  Use masking tape to cover the bottom of the hole, then tape off the edges on top.  Fill with Marine Tex, smooth, then let it cure.

I smoothed mine out by wet sanding, then re-covered with new black vinyl so you can't tell the repair is there.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

DSCS

Good job on the Lencos Mark. Be careful... it starts out with just a switch panel. Then some electric trim tabs. Then before ya know it you're adding more electrics and electronics than the space shuttle. Been there...done that...got the T-shirt.  :wink:

3wght has the best approach for the cupholders. Who would ever design that layout to drain seawater onto the switch panel and other electrical connections?   :facepalm:  You could also seal up the bottom of the cupholders and then drill a new hole to run a drain tube down past all the electrical stuff.

Alan
We're most of us liars, we're 'arf of us thieves,
an' the rest are as rank as can be,
But once in a while we can finish in style
(which I 'ope it won't 'appen to me).

GoodDays

Beautiful !!!  You will really like those tabs !  and hey.... if making her the odd sandwich keeps her happy  :dance: :applause:

GoodDays Greg

PNW Pride

Nice work Mark!  Get ready for a smooth and level ride, nose down in the chop and cut those wind waves with the keel.  :cha:
21' Sea Ranger/Honda 150HP

Markshoreline

Thanks, everyone.  If it was on DSCS's boat no big deal- he really has EVERYTHING possible attached, latched, linked, synched, elucidated and illuminated!  :bowdown:

My next big improvement- zincs!

finfinn

Mark - you will love your adjustable tabs on the big water. Just use your outboard trim to get the angle about right and then tune it with the tabs. Nose down upwind, up in downwind. Might even help cut down the spray by running slightly uneven left/right. Good tools to work with. And if you tuck everything in the boat will stay in plane at pretty darn slow speed - at slightly higher fuel burn. Congratulations!
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

Kimbrey

Oh Maaaannnnn you put the port side tab on the starboard side.

Just messin with Ya :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
2005 Sea Legend --Sold--replaced with 26' Duckworth—Sold—replaced with 28' Farallon Walkaround

Markshoreline

Oh, NOOOOO!  But at least they're not upside down.

It is a little odd that the port tab is wired to the starboard switch and vice versa.  Someone explained that here earlier but is still too weird for me.

finfinn

Perfectly logical. You want port side down, you push the starboard tab down :wink:. Setting the switches the way they are makes using them instinctive - I think.
Had a glorious SR19 Finnesse.
You can not change the length of your life, but boating does increase its width and depth.

StreamFixer

OR --- you could simply swap the positive (likely red) wires at the switch or the tabs.   :whistle:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

Ulua

Mark, hope you're going to practice with those fancy tabs and switches in the next few weeks. Nice job on the install.
85  17 Sea Ranger
2009 Honda 90
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright