News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Blue Sea Weatherdeck 4306 Switch Panel Install

Started by First Cabin, April 09, 2013, 05:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

First Cabin

Here's the old one that I didn't trust in wet weather. Note the green corrosion in the switches. :berry:

Removed the old one and traced out the template. You'll notice that the new switch panel cutout is longer and slightly narrower than the old one.  Turns out not to be an issue as the new panel plate covers up the hole perfectly.

Just used a hand saw.  It wasn't very difficult as the fiberglass is only about 1/4" thick here.

New switch panel fits! :party:

Looks good on the outside!

But I still have a lot of work to do to clean up the Arima factory wiring....

Now that this quality switch panel is in place, I intend to clean up the wiring by moving most of it to the cuddy wall inside.  I'm going to get rid of all the loose fuses and standardize on all ATO/ATC fuses.

Entire job didn't take much over an hour.  Hard part really is the upcoming rewire job.
First:  1982 15' SeaHunter, Yamaha 70 2-stroke, Yamaha F6
Second:  1987 17' SeaRanger, Merc 90 2-stroke, Yamaha F8
Current:  2002 17' SeaChaser, Yamaha F100, Yamaha T8

Markshoreline

Nice work on that job.  I don't know if I'd have changed out your switch panel because the labels were still readable!  :jester:
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

GutZ

I am in the same spot, except my switch panel is in worse shape. The only thing that works are the nav lights. The horn switch just fell apart. I will try and get pictures. I am also going to redo the fuse panel to the bladed fuses. I am thinking Blue sea  st fuse block 12 circuit. It is so difficult to work on the inside of the hole up front in my 15'11" SC I am thinking I will move it to the front side. Thoughts on that?

Does anyone have a discount coupon code for Fisheries Supply? :cha:

Or know of a place to do better than

$115.91 for 4306
   45.46 for 12 blade

Thanks
It's always good to have a plan.
It's always better to have a good plan.

DSCS

I don't know if you prefer to shop local. If you don't mind internet shopping BOE Marine has pretty darn good prices and outstanding service.
4306 - $97.06
5029 12 circuit w/out negative bus - $39.65
5026 12 circuit w/negative bus - $44.05

http://www.boemarine.com/brands/Blue-Sea-Systems.html?page=1&sort=featured

Alan
We're most of us liars, we're 'arf of us thieves,
an' the rest are as rank as can be,
But once in a while we can finish in style
(which I 'ope it won't 'appen to me).

GutZ

Thanks Alan! Saved about $25. Well at least that much. Who knows how much more I would have spent going to Fisheries :jester:
It's always good to have a plan.
It's always better to have a good plan.

First Cabin

Not as clean of work as many of you do, but I feel better!  Now at least the fuses are easy to find and all the same type.

Threeweight

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

amazing grace

Nice work E,

l am struggling to figure out the orientation of your job without any wood paneling. Are your pixs upside down' :facepalm: :smile1:

Conrats.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

GregE

Liking that.    :applause:

Got to start my rewire soon,  finishing up garden stuff tomorrow.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Markshoreline

So nice!  It would be easy to track down component failures with the arrangement you have made.  Good Job!
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

GregE

AG, nope- they are looking up.  Wiper motor and tach visible in the one, Hyd steering on the back of the wheel in the other.

Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

First Cabin

SeaChaser shown above is much different from the SeaRanger.  Here is my last boat.... 17' Ranger 1986

fishnjimmy

That looks great. I am completely scared  :shrug9: to even start the project. All my stuff is original and will likely require all new gear. UGH!
1987 Arima pilot
17' SR
2015 Merc 90, 89 Johnson 8