News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

battery, screw length and location for wiring compontent questions

Started by amazing grace, April 04, 2013, 10:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazing grace

So with a rewire project looming very soon I have a few questions about it and my 89' 19' Sea Ranger.

Batteries. What are the biggest I can use #24 or will #27's work. I am thinking going interstate, thoughts?

Seems like most screw their battery switches and components to the inside wall in the starboard battery compartment just behind the wood panel. Is that the best place? If so, what length of screw's are we using as to not go through the outer hull :doh:

all ears guys. Thx
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Threeweight

In the 17's, series 24's are all that will fit.  Maybe you can get 27's in a 19, not sure.  Unless you are running some heavy electrical loads (shrimp pot pullers, for instance), the 24's should work fine... they are also cheaper and save a little weight.

Screw length I couldn't say off the top of my head.  I have a giant box of stainless screws and bolts accumulated over the years... for that liner back there, I'd generally use whatever screw left me with 1/4-1/2" of threads to bite into the liner.  Not much longer than that, to avoid the risk of rubbing the hull.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

Salmon King

If you want to run a single battery (or 1 on each side) you can use 27's.  I (and almost everyone here) run 2 24's.  For me it's 1 starting battery and 1 deep cycle. 

AS for the screws...I installed my battery switch up under the gunnel and used 2 1/2" Stainless button heads screwed into wall anchors.  Due to the location I only have access to 3 of the 4 holes however.

PLEASE...Fly your flag Proudly, and remember to thank a Vet!
2011 14' Sterling
9' Pontoon (Bismarck)
8' Pontoon (Hood)

vxhatch

I had 2 27's on the starboard side of my 19SC. The tray is from T-H Marine.

2001 22' SeaSport Sportsman

Chuck Jones

vxhatch:  I always appreciate a neat, orderly, and surgical electrical setup.  My compliments on yours.  Nicely done.

Cj
(91) 19' Sea Ranger HT....SOLD 5/2013
(07) 21' Sea Ranger HT.....SOLD 3/2014
(05) 21' Design Concepts ...4/20/14

I often have silent thoughts in my head, but sometimes I worry about what they're thinking

SRanger

Tough to get that much room on the side for mounting switches and such if you have 2 separate trays side by side.  The combo tray is a great fit!

SR
99 19' Arima Sea Ranger HT,  Honda BF130/BF8.
88 17' Arima Sea Ranger ST,  Yamaha F80/Merc 8 (sold)