News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

rewire blue sea's component's questions.

Started by amazing grace, March 29, 2013, 10:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazing grace

I was reading Bruces thread and several others in the archives on re-wiring. I have learned I know very little about all this but am learning none the less.

One of the 19 Sea Rangers is going to get some rewire tention soon I hope.

I am trying to nail down some Blue sea's components and before I purchase I want to be sure I am getting the right stuff. Here are the major components I think. Please let me know if I have it wrong or need other items.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=17208&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=62565&subdeptNum=62564&classNum=50547

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=17243&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=62565&subdeptNum=62564&classNum=50554

Unsure about needing one of these?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=726582&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=62565&subdeptNum=62564&classNum=50553

What am I missing besides wire, connectors, and batteries?
The boat will be oufitted like most with all the goodies eventually.  :whistle:

thanks guys.   
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

Danno

I woudl go with the blade fuse box and not the glass fuse box. Those fuses don't hold up well in a boat or over time.

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

amazing grace

Thanks Danno,. They make a 12 fuse unit. I think that is what I need.

What about the hub or any other major component? I am missing anything major?
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

BruceL2_Fish

AG, I put a safety hub 150 in the back with the Blue Sea Add - A -Battery #7650, this set up give me plenty of optioned for power in the back and with blade fuses as well as flexibility of high load circuits with the MIDI fuses. 

Bruce
2012 Sea Ranger 19 (M. LaDeane)
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

amazing grace

Thanks Bruce, a couple of questions. What do you plan to connect to the hub 150 in the back of the boat?
Are you going to put a 12 circut fuse block up front to replace the original? Thanks.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

BruceL2_Fish

I plan to connect a second bilge pump, down riggers and pot puller to the box in back as well as add a box in front. 
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

amazing grace

Thanks Bruce, that seems like a good plan. Probably think of a few other item's to add later too :whistle: What are you using or going to use for batteries. One thing to consider is how much battery we can fit to run all the stuff! :facepalm:
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

DSCS

Also consider a negative bus bar or two aft. Mine have ground leads for outboards, downriggers, bilge pumps, all around light, Troll Master, Blue Seas VSR, wash down pump, and probably some others that I forgot.

As for batteries, I have a group 24 starting battery and a group 27 deep cycle house battery. Has worked very well for the past three years and I think I have more electronics than the first Naval vessel I was assigned to.   :bigshock:  My house batt is in a companion seat. I may measure for a group 31 AGM house battery when it comes time to replace.

Alan
We're most of us liars, we're 'arf of us thieves,
an' the rest are as rank as can be,
But once in a while we can finish in style
(which I 'ope it won't 'appen to me).

amazing grace

So DSCS, the negative buss bars are needed in addition to the hub 150 so you don't have to make mulitple connections to the neg side of the battery multi times?
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

DSCS

Quote from: amazing grace on March 30, 2013, 05:57:25 AM
So DSCS, the negative buss bars are needed in addition to the hub 150 so you don't have to make mulitple connections to the neg side of the battery multi times?

That's the idea. I have one cable attached to each battery terminal of each battery. Keeps things organized and makes it easy to maintain batteries.

Alan
We're most of us liars, we're 'arf of us thieves,
an' the rest are as rank as can be,
But once in a while we can finish in style
(which I 'ope it won't 'appen to me).

BruceL2_Fish

Second the negative buss, I added two in my system. 
Suzuki 115 Four Stroke
Honda 9.9 Kicker

Ulua

Might want to think about MRBF too. Blue Sea P/N's 2151 and 5191.
85  17 Sea Ranger
2009 Honda 90
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

CompTime

Great timing on this thread. I am configuring now and have most of my items.
I have a question though.
Past wiring has been starting battery is just for the main and house battery is for everything else with the kicker wired to it keeping it full when trolling.

I'm thinking about going the ACR route and looking at the Blue seas wiring diagram it seems pretty logical, but it doesn't show the kicker that would be a secondary charging source. I think I would just want to run with the same arrangement of kicker on house battery and not on main allowing the ACR to do it's job of protection each charging system? I just want to confirm as there doesn't seem to be any reference in the limited Blue Seas stuff I have looked at regarding dual charging systems. 

Please excuse me if I missed it in someones rewire thread in the past. 
SEA RANGER 19 /GOT-BAIT?