News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Electronics Question

Started by desertdog, January 29, 2013, 09:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertdog

I need some advice. My brother is planning on outfitting my 16' SC with Garmin equipment (works for them). He is pushing for a in the hull transducer (1k) overkill for my fishing. Has anyone ever mounted a in the hull on 16'? I thought about the shoot thru the hull but space is pretty limited. Not sure how much room is behind the fuel tank.

Packman

Although I have a 19' Ranger this might still apply to you:  I mounted the (transom mount) transducer that came with the Lowrance unit by covering its bottom with silicon sealer and gluing it to the bottom of the hull just behind the bilge pump.  This has worked great, I fish in depths to 200 feet and can see structure and fish perfectly.  Just make sure there are no bubbles when you set it down.  I personally don't see the need for a large, high power transducer.
Sea Ranger 19, Mercury 115 4-stroke

croaker stroker

I mounted one on a 24' boat. You need to position it away from the prop., per the instructions that come with the transducer.  Unless you mount the transducer directly in the center (not recommended) you will also need a fairing block to get the transducer to point straight down. Also, be careful to mount it away from any rollers or bunks on your trailer.

Since Arimas have double hulls, the access available for mounting is limited. I have a transom mount on my Arima. Works great unless the boat is traveling more than 5mph. Then I pick up interference.

With a thru hull, you wont get as much interference at speed.
1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Tom Mac

On my last boat (not a Arima) I put the transducer in a plastic bag filled with water moved it up and down the hull at centre line untill I found a good spot. With cold cure apoxy I glued it down and it worked very well and no hole drilling. My Arima came with it mounted on the transom and you do see all the bubbles from the screw. But with the double hull on the Arima doing the same thing would quite hard(imposable), minamal space near the bilge pump.

Ian
1991 Sea Ranger 17, 2014 F90 Yamaha, 2008 T8 Yamaha