News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Started by Danno, January 15, 2011, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregE

WELKome Aboard and to the SL sub group  :clap:

Lots of good threads in the Electical and Electonics sections.  I really appreaciate our Garmin REactor Auto Helm- just wish I'd gotten it earlier.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

thoregon

Greeting Danno.

I own a 1993 16' Arima Sea Explorer. I've enjoyed the boat for 18 years and primarily use it for salmon fishing and crabbing along the Central Oregon Coast. I used to follow an Arima SIG years ago but have not connected for some time. I am in the process of doing some basic restoration and looking for information on several parts. I am specifically looking to replace the instrument panel (wiper switch, bilge, lights, etc..). Is there a specific discussion group or category on this site I should begin with?

Thank you so much and happy boating.

thoregon

Danno

Welcome thoregon!

Start with the Arima Life forum.
2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

Lady P

Hello,

We have just bought our first Arima, a 1511 Sea Explorer 1998.
We have three daughters 7,5 and 3 who are very keen fisher women and are thrilled to get a boat.
We are based in Vancouver BC.
Looking forward to learning from the wisdom of the group!
Penny, James, Florence, Iris and Tabitha

Danno

Quote from: Lady P on May 17, 2023, 06:30:25 PMHello,

We have just bought our first Arima, a 1511 Sea Explorer 1998.
We have three daughters 7,5 and 3 who are very keen fisher women and are thrilled to get a boat.
We are based in Vancouver BC.
Looking forward to learning from the wisdom of the group!
Penny, James, Florence, Iris and Tabitha

Welcome to your family. As a father of three daughters, they will love it!

My youngest really enjoyed fishing with me until she caught a beautiful salmon. Then she just wanted to finish and not catch.

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

amazing grace

Welcome LadyP, Congrats on the SE. Other than the 19' SR. The later model 1511 is my favorite Arima. A great little/big boat. You guys are in a great spot to take advantage of owning one of the best fishing vessel's. I hope you guys can fill your freezer many times over to feed your beautiful family. Glad to have you here.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

addicted2fishing

After a couple of years of casually searching, my dad and I found a 21' Sea Ranger that we couldn't pass on!  We took possession of it a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to getting to know and learn from fellow Arima owners. Excited to get it equipped and out in the SF Bay / ocean as we have been predominantly fishing freshwater with our Alumaweld jet.

Wes
'99 Alumaweld Intruder 20' | Kodiak 2-Stage Jet | Honda BF9.9

'00 Arima Sea Ranger 21' | Honda BF130 | Yamaha T8

Diablo

'98 19SR  '15 E Tec 115, '10 Honda 8
'67. 23 Tollycraft, 283 Chevy
'04  14' Western, '15 Tohatsu 10
'87  37 Roughwater two 8.2 Detroit diesels SOLD
'88 17SR  '90 Johnson 90, Honda 8, SOLD

BecauseICan

As of yesterday, I am officially an Arima owner. I bought the recently listed red and white 1990 Sea Chaser 17. I've been lurking/researching on this forum for months. It definitely helped me decide what I was looking for so that when the right one came around, it was go time.

fishmeister

Quote from: BecauseICan on June 28, 2023, 05:46:03 AMAs of yesterday, I am officially an Arima owner. I bought the recently listed red and white 1990 Sea Chaser 17. I've been lurking/researching on this forum for months. It definitely helped me decide what I was looking for so that when the right one came around, it was go time.

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your purchase.

That is a nice-looking boat.  But, I'm sure that there has to be something that it needs.  When you figure that out and need help, just holler.  We're great at spending other people's money.
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

BecauseICan

The only thing I've identified so far is that the simrad autopilot remote wouldn't power on. I'm going to trace the charging wire and see if it's simply a loose connection first.

Hopefully I'll get it in the water soon to start playing with it. Lots and lots of electronics functions to play with.

Slm9s

Hi, new member here.  Great forum.  I've already spent lots of hours reading and learning.  I bought RiverTec-Chris's 1989 19' Sea Ranger.  I've customized it a little to fit my marina spot (you rent a "garage" and wheel your boat back & forth to the elevator on a dolly - so the sweet skip top had to go).  The 90hp command thrust has proven sufficient so far, 33mph WOT (I keep window shopping used 140/150hp used outboards!).  I added a Scotty elec downrigger on each stern corner, a Garmin 93sv, Amazon disposable top, a keel guard, and took off the aged stripes and decals.  A little wet sanding and buff also.  Already caught my first king with it.  Loving it so far.  My plans are to fish the Puget Sound for salmon 95% of the time, family fun and maybe a tuna trip 5% of the time.

Thanks for the great forum.

'89 Arima 19' Sea Ranger
'21 Mercury 90CT
'23 Mercury 9.9

Hydroman

17 Sea Chaser (sold)
21 Skip Tower (sold)
27 Thunder Jet OS (sold)
22 Thunder Jet OS

amazing grace

I loved that boat. A real value. I hope you kept that top. If you never intend using it several members here would buy in a heartbeat. I think the Merc. Command Thrust are top teir motors imho. Congrats and welcome. 
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

beancounter

Quote from: GregE on April 26, 2023, 11:36:32 AMWELKome Aboard and to the SL sub group  :clap:

Lots of good threads in the Electical and Electonics sections.  I really appreciate our Garmin Reactor Auto Helm- just wish I'd gotten it earlier.

Welcome to our newest members here from the east coast. I WAS a member of Greg's 22 legend subgroup but I keep losing those 22's so I guess I'm out.  :stooges:  :stirthepot:

Slm9s

Quote from: amazing grace on July 04, 2023, 10:24:30 AMI loved that boat. A real value. I hope you kept that top. If you never intend using it several members here would buy in a heartbeat. I think the Merc. Command Thrust are top teir motors imho. Congrats and welcome. 

It is for sale on this site.   :flagwave:
'89 Arima 19' Sea Ranger
'21 Mercury 90CT
'23 Mercury 9.9

positize

Just joined the Arima world with a 2003 21 foot Sea Ranger Skip Tower with a 2015 150HP Honda.  My dream boat.  Always envied these beautiful, sea-worthy boats when I see them on the water, now lucky enough to find one in superb condition.  Trailered it from Florida back to Oregon: 5700 mile round trip.

I am marine electrical engineer, been designing engine room electronics for commercial and government vessels for decades. 

Lots of projects planned:
- Upgrade electronics (add RayMarine Radar to current RayMarine chartplotter)
- Figure out better seats with shock mounts
- Upgrade trailer by changing from wooden beam bunks to aluminum bunks.  Need to find an aluminum fabricator here in Southern Oregon
- Rewire trailer
- Add kicker

All it needs is B.O.A.T. bucks.  Lots to learn for each project.  Looking forward to learning from all the accumulated knowledge on this site.
2003 Sea Ranger 21 Skip Tower
2015 Honda 150

fishmeister

Welcome.  Nice to see an Arima dragged BACK to the PNW for a change (quite a few seem to be leaving to CA lately).

Don't worry about spending your money.  We'll be glad to help you out with that.  We're really good at it too.

martin3

Welcome!

Clean looking 21SR with new Power.
Great find.
MJM3

1990 SR Skip Top  "Gypsea Soul"
2013 Etec 115H.O.

gtboosted

21' Sea Ranger Skip Top

goldbeachhunter

Ahoy! Just joined the site. I have a Arima Hunter that is kept at my place in Gold Beach Oregon for fishing on the Rouge river and ocean. I use to have a Arima Ranger 17 that I kept in Cabo san Lucas MX lots of great memories from that boat. Landed a Black marlin 320lbs in her and could not fit in boat so had to tie to side of boat. Fish died in fight or would have been released. Great site! enjoy all the input and ideas!
<{•{{{{{{><

fishmeister

Welcome to the "Hunter sub-group".   :rimshot:

I'm just getting ready to enjoy the versatility of my Hunter by hitting the lower Skagit River in about 15 minutes.

STEvFIN

Hello, new Arima Sea Hunter 15' here in Florida! It's is a garage kept Sea Hunter 15' with 98' Hull and a 2012' Honda 60HP 4 stroke...with 56hrs! I paid 10 with the trailer (immaculate) included. On the test drive near WOT I clocked 34mph 👍🏽😎
How did I do?

First Light

Welcome STEvFIN!
Bro you have scored a winner 🏆! Super good speed @ WOT and great mileage!
Another Sea Hunter on the forum!

Whiskeytango101

That's a nice and clean looking Hunter for 25 years of age... great find! I think you'll get some storage space back now too... might be some extra life jackets on that shelf  :jester: