News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

A few Lowrance HDS screenshots

Started by Threeweight, February 16, 2011, 10:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threeweight

All the electronics discussions over the last few days inspired me to go out to the garage and take a few photos of my HDS-5 in action as a chart plotter.  The camera made the images look a lot more grainy than the screen actually is, and the lighting wasn't too great.  Anyway, it gives some ideas.  I will paste a couple here, you can view them all in my gallery at:

http://arimaboatownersgroup.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=72;u=4

The built-in Nauticpath charts, showing the 2d image of a certain bean near Sequim...

The same area, using the Nauticpath's 3d function...

Using the Navionics Platinum chip for the Columbia, with the "Fish-n-Chips" detail, 3d image of a rather popular springer trolling lane...

Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson

CanvasGuy

WOW this just made me realize my c-card isn't working properly. :shrug9:.......... just got off the phone with Jepson and their sending me an update for my chart plotter to make it function properly...
I kinda sucespected something... thanks for posting your pics... :biggrin:

Gary
Gary Smart
boatless  now
http://www.smartcustomcanvas.com
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." Arthur C. Clarke

wedocq

I want one!  :applause: alas, my junk selling needs to pick it up a bit for one of those, besides, I would never be able see anything on a 5", I would need the 8" or 10". I get seasick trying to look at a small screen out on the ocean :doh:
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.