News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Free log removal

Started by longfield1, May 03, 2024, 05:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longfield1

I have a portable sawmill that im looking to mill some beams with. I can come to your place and remove your fallen logs and clean up after myself. Not looking to travel too far but if anyone has some logs that they don't want please let me know.

26" max log diameter

Thanks

Stan

1993 Arima Sea Ranger custom pilot house, Suzuki DF140, Garmin Reactor 40 kicker autopilot

longfield1

1993 Arima Sea Ranger custom pilot house, Suzuki DF140, Garmin Reactor 40 kicker autopilot

amazing grace

Nice little mill. Good luck on your search.
1989 22' C-Dory Angler

1997 19' Sea Ranger hardtop with Alaskan bulkhead

disposable

That's such a nice mill! Did you get the lifting ramps? Actually, you have a small tractor right? I've used Alaska mills for a dozen or so larger logs and I can say if your goal is lumber, go wood mizer (or another of the portable band saws).
Reveille
2012 Sea Chaser 17 (custom PH)
2013 Honda 90hp

longfield1

Quote from: disposable on May 03, 2024, 08:09:34 PMThat's such a nice mill! Did you get the lifting ramps? Actually, you have a small tractor right? I've used Alaska mills for a dozen or so larger logs and I can say if your goal is lumber, go wood mizer (or another of the portable means saws).

I have some ramps out of some 4x6 fir and have a winch to parbuckle logs on the bed. I used an Alaskan sawmill also and they serve a purpose. I decided to upgrade and get this little guy a couple years ago. I need to start using it though as I have some projects coming up.

headduck

You get it done man.  :beerchug: ...and have the coolest toys. Best of luck.
2003 19' Sea Ranger Skip Top 2015 Mercury 115 2012 Evinrude 9.8

1987 17' Sea Ranger 90 Honda (sold)

christianbrat

Hey Stan sounds like a fun project! How was RVing?   Let me known about those rails when you get caught up again.
1989 Sea Explorer 16 w/ Custom Pilot House
2007 Honda BF90 & 2002 BF5
Built not Bought

If I could be an appliance I would be a toaster

Tom C

Those portable mills are great. A year ago I hired a guy to come mill some cypress trees from a job site, with the timbers being used in the structures I'm building there. Produced really nice cuts.