News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Weight capacity of 15 vs 16 ft

Started by Wap, February 05, 2021, 11:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wap

I have tried searching some but getting real comparisons are difficult as niether boat is listed as a model carried at Defiance on their website. My question or what I'm curious is what does your capacity plate read on your 15 and 16 Arima models? I'm Not particular on model but am curious if the ratings have changed over time and if there is much difference in capacity between the two sizes or if different models have different capacity ratings? Say a sprinter vs Hunter, or sea chaser vs explorer, etc? Thanks for any info.

AJFishin

Here's a couple picture capacity stickers I have, which I'm assuming you want to see?
The first one is off of my 1996 SC16
The second was is a new 2000's model Sea Explore 16. I requested a SC16 sticker and was sent a SE16 sticker, didn't noticed it till I after I put it on, oh well.
Didn't look like much changed.
'96 Sea Ranger 19, 2016 Mercury 115 EFI CT (115F231D) 
'96 Sea Chaser 16, 2019 Suzuki DF60AV (Sold) 
'87 Sea Chaser 17, 1987 Johnson V4 90 (Sold)
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/socalseachaser

lloyds

1997 sea explorer

Wap

Thanks for the responses, that answers part of my question. Now I'm curious as to Hunter/sprinter vs sea chaser/explorer? Anyone out there with a 15 that can chime in? Are both 15/16 sizes about the same capacity but with the 16 you have a slightly bigger boat and touch more room?

wedocq

Quote from: Wap on February 06, 2021, 08:21:12 AM
Thanks for the responses, that answers part of my question. Now I'm curious as to Hunter/sprinter vs sea chaser/explorer? Anyone out there with a 15 that can chime in? Are both 15/16 sizes about the same capacity but with the 16 you have a slightly bigger boat and touch more room?

I can't answer those questions. But I have one of my own. I am trying to figure out what your user name is all about? Somehow I doubt it's the Cardi B song.  Russ, DO NOT google it. I don't want to be blamed for any cardiac events.  :wink:

-Shawn
2002 21' Arima Sea Ranger HT  Suzuki [glow=red,2,300]DF175 [/glow] 4-stroke.
WEDOCQ= WE DO SEKIU! It pays homage to my Uncle Jay who died of cancer.

Wap

:jester: I might just leave that a mystery now