News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

15'11" sea explorer steering and throttle cable lengths

Started by beauchat2, September 19, 2020, 11:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beauchat2

Good morning. I'm currently in the process of repowering my boat from a twin outboard setup to a single. I looked at the factory steering cable length post on this forum which said that my boat needed a 15 foot cable. However the 15 foot cable seems 1 foot too long. Can someone verify this? Am I routing it wrong?The 15 foot cable worked fine with the twin outboard setup because it had to stretch to the port side motor but since I. Switching to a single it seems I need 14 feet. Can anybody with the same boat that I have verify this? I'd hate to purchase a 14 foot cable only to have to restock it later.

Also does anybody know the throttle cable lengths for this particular boat. Thank you

Wiley

Sorry, replaced it twice but can't remember the length. It should be stamped on the sheathing of yours what part number and length you have though.
86 c Dory 22' new 90 hp etec (sold)
96 sea explorer 15'-11" new 90 etec named (wutz wuzn cuzn)
10' Don Hill Pram
Respectfully, Build, Buy, Be American
Please bring back logging, we can't afford to keep burning up our country!!!

58Johnson

You are probably correct on the 14ft length.

See this first:

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=14121.0

BUT note the comment on the Sea Explorer listing sending you here for real world experience with the Sea Explorer:

http://www.arimaowners.com/index.php?topic=17840.msg209797;topicseen#new
2002 Sea Chaser 15 11
Yamaha F70 Yamaha F8