News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Logging on to site

Started by Qwakwak, December 15, 2016, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwakwak

I can log in fine on my iPad. My iPhone attempts result in a message saying I am banned from the site. Am I not catching enough fish?
Since 1958- 15' cracker box, '59 Performer, 18' Fiberform/90 merc, Sanger super jet/454 chev, 17' Seaswirl I/0, 20' Hydrosport/200 mariner, Grand Banks 36, 15' Proline, 19' Sea Ray,18' sloop, whaler/115 yamaha.
Now-1989 Arima Sea Ranger 17/90 merc

milos dad

Same problem with me yesterday on Ipad and Iphone.

M D
Rick
87 Sea Hunter with 94 Honda 45
2009 6 hp Merc kicker

Mcneilcab

I'm also banned forever on my tablet?
1994 SR19HT W/TWIN 50s
1998 SEA LEGEND HT  W/TWIN 90s

StreamFixer

It's an Apple thing   :shrug9:

I hope Danno looks into it, cuz I have not a clue when it comes to that kind of stuff.  If I cant see it, I usually can't fix it.

You guys should see how baffled I am trying to deal with my iPhone 6.  Been trying to get it to bluetooth for 2 weeks.  Turns out you have to press the device name on the phone screen after it shows up to confirm your choice....  Who knew?  I spent several hours on the Apple chat advisor who apparently assumed I had a clue.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu

croaker stroker

Streamfixer,

Who gave you that phone? What kind of cruel joke are they trying to play on you? Those phones are for younger people with workable thumbs !! Why don't you just send me that iPhone and I will replace it with a much better phone that plugs into the wall ?  If I go out to the garage and dig around, I may even be able to find one with a dial ?

CS.  :whistle:

1987 - 17' Sea Pacer -  2024 Suzuki DF90a
2004 Evinrude 90 E-tec -**SOLD**
1985 - 15' Sea Sprinter - **SOLD**

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

StreamFixer

Does indeed raise hell with my arthritic left thumb.  Cruel indeed... 

I liked the black one --- the one you picked up and a lovely lady's voice would say  "Number Please"

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

croaker stroker

Ask Siri how to type with arthritic thumbs?  Curious how she replies.

She probably won't understand since she doesn't have thumbs ?

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Markshoreline

SF you can use your pointer fingers, avoiding the thumbs.  I love my iPhone and have become dependent on maps, restaurant searches, and google anywhere. 
2002 Sea Ranger HT 21, Yamaha 150, Yamaha 9.9

croaker stroker

I Googled Markshoreline. I knew you were a nice guy....?

http://saintmarkshoreline.org

7' seas today and 25 knot wind.  Our weather is changing.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Danno

I guess I need to make a sticky. I'm sick with another cold. The second in three weeks. Ugh!

First off: NO ONE EVER GETS BANNED unless your a spammer. Howver, you IP may get tagged with a spammer and unfortunately you get caught up in the mess. If you can log in from one device and not from another, you are not banned. An official ban would block your account completely from any device, anywhere.

Please clear your cookies, clear your browser history, reboot your modem and reboot your PC, tablet or phone.

If that doesn't work, blame Streamfixer and then send me a PM.

2015 19' Sea Chaser (2019 to current)
1998 19' Sea Ranger (2003 to 2008)

Lures are designed to catch fishermen not fish.

StreamFixer

Quote from: Danno on December 16, 2016, 12:31:24 PM

If that doesn't work, blame Streamfixer and then send me a PM.

Yup I likely did it.   However, if you blame me on here or via e-mail,,,, well....  be careful what you asked for  :bigshock:  :biggrin:

StreamFixer

P.S.  Maybe, if you have received a banned message, you are among the 50,000+ spamming attempts to get onto our forum that have been successfully stopped,  so far....

Now that I think about it, We have only had a half dozen or so spam leakers since starting in Jan of 2011...  Not bad for 6 years...
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

ak-angler

I'll add my name to the list of folks banned on their iPhones. I haven't checked the iPad, but can't log on with my phone today.
1985 Sea Ranger 17 Skiff Top with 2012 Suzuki DF90A - Sold

2007 Cape Cruiser Marinaut 26 with twin 2006 Honda BF90's

Markshoreline

I Googled Markshoreline. I knew you were a nice guy....?

http://saintmarkshoreline.org

Yeah, I try not to let people know...  :jester:

StreamFixer

iPhone just release iOS 10.2 a couple of days ago. 

Still haven't fixed my complaint.  I need to bluetooth to hear a conversation through my hearing aids.  When the bluetooth is on the audible alerts for Apps and text messages is turned off --- so I don't hear the SAR dispatch alarms...

Been through this with the techs who advise me the phone is working just like it is supposed to.  I am supposed to hear the alerts through the hearing aids (which I don't).  And I guess by their logic, I am supposed to wearing my hearing aids to bed?  Or remember to turn off the bluetooth when I retire for the evening.    :nono:

Or perhaps their logic is that by the time one needs hearing aids (being aged and all), they should not be messing around with SAR at night anyway   :shrug9:  I'll bet the folks who write the code can still hear the high notes   :hoboy:

Anyway, perhaps the new iOS will either fix the log in problem, or exacerbate it    :stirthepot:

StreamFixer

'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Markshoreline

SF have you "found" your hearing aids in the iPhone bluetooth settings?

StreamFixer

Yeah, it took me two weeks, and several discussions with the Sr. Adviser's on the Apple chat before I accidentally pressed the tail chasing icon and it immediately paired.   :doh:

One of the aids is in Denver being repaired (VA) but I can hear through the one I still have.  That being said, it is a really 'one sided', one sided I say, conversation   :jester: 

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

Markshoreline

Glad you figured it out!  My wife is going to be real excited to learn about bluetooth enabled hearing aids!

StreamFixer

Available to ALL veterans...  The VA no longer has a threshold for Hearing aids for Vets.   :dance:

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

croaker stroker

Good to know. Maybe I can get one for my right ear.   :clap:

Although my hearing is not so good in both ears, the VA would only allow me to have a hearing aid in my left ear. ??... Had to be combat related... and I had to show proof of combat. The records were destroyed in a fire in the Gov. facility on the East Coast. Luckily, I had a deck log from Da Nang in an old love letter to my wife which proves the ship was not only in a combat zone, but also proved that all veterans who were onboard my ship were exposed to Agent Orange. (Drinking water was drawn from the harbor and desalinized. Contaminated dirt was brought on board on boots and clothing) I also had a photo of myself on a field with no vegetation (just sterile dirt) with "Monkey Mountain" in the background. I sent the log and photo to "Bluewater Navy", and with this information, they got my ship listed as being docked in Da Nang and the sailors were all "boots-on-ground"...exposed to Agent Orange. Didn't help me, because my type of cancer was not "presumed" to be caused by Agent Orange, but as a token of their appreciation, the VA gave me a hearing aid for my left ear. Hopefully, my efforts will help others.

Most of my shipmates have either died from, or have some sort of cancer. My best friend from boyhood died from cancer. The VA never determined his "type" of cancer, so his wife gets no benefits.

One of my friends who has leukemia, even though it is a on the "presumed" list, had to get a politician involved to get his VA benefit.

Streamfixer, try taking your phone and hearing aid to Costco. I have been going there for free tests,  adjustments and free tubes and fittings. They told me that my Costco membership includes this service. I can just walk in....no need to wait. They should be able to help you with "pairing" your hearing aids.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸

Markshoreline

dbhazjack

Quote from: markshoreline on December 17, 2016, 12:26:35 PM

So many times I show my wife these posts so she knows why I'm chuckling. Broken threads has a whole different meaning in her world. But it all makes perfect sense to me! Perfect toon Mark[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 17' Sea Chaser, 90 hp Honda, 8 hp Honda Kicker. SOLD

StreamFixer

The 'Combat' requirement has been dropped.  Vet = H/A, --- hearing test all that is required, then H/A scripted.  While Costco good, they ain't as cheap as VA (great H/A just takes forever to get an appointment if you need anything done hands on).  VA has service center in Denver area, send in, a couple weeks later they come back fixed.

I do not qualify for hearing disability, but they have NEVER quibbled about providing the H/A

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade

croaker stroker

I just go to Costco for the free tests, adjustments etc....So I don't have to wait forever.

I didn't have to buy the H/A from Costco to get the free service. They told me the free service is provided when you buy your Costco membership. Even though I didn't buy my hearing air there.

Just walk in. They take care of you...walk out.

I get the H/A from the VA.

"Ex Tridente Pax". 🇺🇸