News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Time for a Lead Pour

Started by GregE, March 15, 2024, 11:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batsquatch

Quote from: GregE on April 30, 2024, 04:53:57 PMMilitary squatch? I speak a little Hooah
Just shy of 44 years serving the military - retired Air Force then supported the Army as a contractor now DA civilian.  I jokingly mention to younger folks that I started out in the Army Air Corps.  Not uncommon, they respond "Really??  Wow!".   :doh:
See you on Saturday.
Jeff
Jeff a.k.a Batsquatch
Formerly 19' Sea Ranger
Currently Wellcraft Coastal 270

davidsea

No lead, but some interesting junk.....looking forward to meeting some of you I haven't seen before!
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

GregE

I drove over to the coast and brought back WeDoCQ Shawn's lead molds, melting posts etc.  Still need some propane

Russ is setting things up in the car port as rain is forecast.  There will be a fan to dissipate fumes but be cautious.  We try to avoid mishaps but wear older stuff- fleece melts BTW. 

Got a nice smoked fish recipe to share?  WE'll be glad to critique........  Russ is making a dump cake and will have coffee.
Greg
2005 SL 22 Honda 225 Kodak
http://www.sagecreekforums.com/phpforum/index.php
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

gliderflyer

Was hoping to get there but my 2 year old grandson is in town so I'll be outfitting him with his first pole and tackle box and going trout fishing. Hope you guys have good weather and a great time.
1992 Sea Hunter
2020 Yamaha F70
2011 Suzuki DF6

GregE

Here's Some of the stuff I'm bringing. ( thanks to Shawn and Bruce2Fish )

Need large propane and 16 oz green bottles.  Don't forget Thick leather gloves, apron, eye protection, ....

Let's Get REady to Lead Pour!!!

24 lead.jpg
Greg
Sold:Osprey 26 LC Kodak;  Arima SR 19 HT, Arima SE 16 WeeBait; SH 15 WeeBoat; SR 21 NoBait;  SL 22 ReBait

Rifleman

Propane....I think I have it...Yes. We are all set. Russ

fishmeister

I think there is a chance that I can come down there.  But, I know it's late in the game.  I sent Rifleman a PM for an address.  But, he's not showing up as online.

Is there someone who can PM me that info in case I make it out?  I'll need to be leaving quite early.  So, waiting for the morning to get the info isn't an option.

:1zhelp:  :anyone:

UPDATE....Heard back from Rifleman.  All is good.  Hoping I can make it.
1981 Sea Hunter  "iFish" (Oldest Arima on the forum??)
'22 Merc 60hp, '21 Merc 9.9 Kicker
1996 Lund WC12 (A tin can that wants to be an Arima)

GregE

Pic from Crackerbox get together on Hood Canal 2021

21 Lead Pour.jpg

Greg

Batsquatch

Quote from: Rifleman on May 03, 2024, 04:06:14 PMPropane....I think I have it...Yes. We are all set. Russ

I'll bring some propane as well.  Movers won't pack a tank so it has to go.
See ya'll in a while.   :beerchug:
Jeff a.k.a Batsquatch
Formerly 19' Sea Ranger

fishmeister

A big THANK YOU to Rifleman for hosting this.

GregE

Six made it including two attending to meet and greet and pass some gear along.  Many thanks to Rifleman whose setup worked well and who provided a tasty dump cake from his Dutch oven.

We weren't able to get the Large commercial balls to melt -  what is that stuff??  so concentrated on 15# DR balls and I fiddled with the 20# mold and managed to get a couple completed along with some pipe jigs.

24 l cake.jpg

24 lead pour.jpg
Greg

davidsea

The photographer was there as well, but wishes to remain anonymous.  There is obviously some danger involved in being associated with this crew... :facepalm:

( Not to admit that I was in any way involved with this, but many thanks to Rifleman for hosting, and  Greg E for hauling equipment.   It was great to meet in person and swap stories with people you've only met online.) 
1996 SR19 Hdtp. - 2018 Honda  BF115D
2009 Duroboat 16 CC, Honda BF50  -  SOLD
and 19 other boats (I think, lost count)

fishmeister

Quote from: davidsea on May 04, 2024, 08:38:23 PMThe photographer was there as well, but wishes to remain anonymous. 

The secret is safe with us.  We won't tell anyone.   :wink:

FishBio

Quote from: Rifleman on April 14, 2024, 05:45:35 PMThe march 2022 lead pour thread has a lot of info on what we may have and what is needed. Fishbio had a nice collection of molds, hooks and eyes if I remember correctly. I will have clean lead and a 15lb downrigger finned mold and eyes. Also a canopy and a fan for ventilation. Tables, chairs, cooling board for product.
    Who (how many) can make it?  Rifleman

Shoot, sorry I missed this. I was away from the forum for a bit.
We had a lot of fun at WeDoCQs and CrackerBox's lead party's!
FWIW, my molds/pots/ladles/propane burner/gloves/etc are always available for local loan to the AO crowd. I have molds for 2, 4, 6oz jig heads; 2 and 4 oz flutter jigs; a 12lb finned downrigger ball; a 10lb round ball, and a 2lb bullet head jig.
1987 17' Sea Ranger,
2020 90hp Suzuki,
2019 Yamaha T9.9 on Defiance fixed bracket.

Batsquatch

Quote from: davidsea on May 04, 2024, 08:38:23 PM...many thanks to Rifleman for hosting, and  Greg E for hauling equipment.  It was great to meet in person and swap stories with people you've only met online.) 

I second that.  Really appreciate you guys putting this together and having the opportunity to meet you.
Thanks!!!
Jeff a.k.a Batsquatch
Formerly 19' Sea Ranger

2Steelhead

Thank you fellas for the lead pour. It was great to meet you and to see how this is done. Thank you Rifleman for the hosting, Greg for leading the charge, David and Squatch for the expertise.  The only casualty was a handle from a mold loaned out by Wedocq. Sorry for that, sometimes I don't know my own strength :wink: I hope we can do it again.
2002 19' Sea Ranger Hardtop
Yamaha F115TLRA
Yamaha 9.9