News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

SIMRAD GO7

Started by ponche, June 03, 2016, 06:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ponche

guys I'm looking for some input on the Simrad go7 chartplotter. I was at West Marine last week looking at the Lowrances and the salesman talked up the Simrad go7. Said it was made by the same company as Lowrance but had the touch screen, nmes 2000 compatible, and it was decent quality. He said he ran the go 7 on his boat and love the simrad. My question to you guys is does anybody use the Simrad go7 and how did they like it? Thanks again
1999 19' Sea Ranger
Suzuki 140hp
Yamaha 8hp

Wyrguy

Looks like the Simrad site says it's 'discontinued'...

http://www.simrad-yachting.com/Simrad-GO7-Chartplotter-Multifunction-Display-en-us.aspx

Probably a reason why the WestMarine salesman was pushing that model. I found the same issue at WestMarine here, before they shut down all the Canadian stores...
Other than that, don't know anything good or bad about Simrad.

Wyrguy Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'Arima Therapy' - Life begins where the land ends!
2012 Sea Legend HT, blue hull, S/S 6 rod rocket launcher/radar arch
F250XCA O/S T9.9 Yamahas Yamaha Command Link Plus  iTroll throttle control
Aluminum I-beam EZ Loader trailer
Raymarine E120W, Digital HD Colour radar, Two Scotty HP 2106 DRs

FishAddict

I put one on a 21 Ranger.  It powers a B175HW Chirp 1k transducer great.   The mapping is decent.  It doesn't have ethernet so radar and linking units to share all data is out.  You can share some data with the nmea 2000.  For $599 or less its a awesome unit if your looking for a chirp machine.
21ft Sea Ranger w/Yamaha F150

ponche

Yep, I know they are phaseing out the GO7 for the next model GO7 (exl?) But from what I can see there's not a whole lot of difference except $100. On a budget, this looks like a pretty good option, especially with a touch screen.
Doesn't it come with its own transducer though?  Or is it just too weak...
1999 19' Sea Ranger
Suzuki 140hp
Yamaha 8hp

Threeweight

Buddy put one in his Striper.  Great little unit so far.  It only supports NMEA 2000 networking (no NMEA 0183), so for DSC calling on a VHF radio you need to either go with a NMEA 2000 radio or a unit with a stand-alone GPS.
Former Sea Chaser 17 owner
Defiance 250 Admiral, twin Yamaha 150's and T9.9

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
       --- Hunter S. Thompson