News:

Welcome to the largest gathering of Arima boat owners anywhere. We are a forum based gathering of Arima Boat enthusiasts that like to pleasure cruise, fish, camp, and hunt. While Arimas are centered in the PNW, we have members across the globe. It is 3/4's water after all. Lurk, join up, and post about your Arima upgrades, family trips, and of course, your fishing exploits. Just remember to add photos whenever possible.

Main Menu

Marine Wire Termination

Started by Koopa253, September 15, 2020, 06:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koopa253

I wanted to share this write-up/resource that I can across sometime ago that thoroughly talks about wire termination and the benefits of using heat shrink connections. The article has real like examples that demonstrate the unbelievable strength of heat shrink butt connectors. Also, what tools to use and what type of heat shrink work best is addressed. This is by far the most thorough and complete write-up I have come across and was what really got me into buying high quality heat shrink connectors. Article at:

https://marinehowto.com/marine-wire-termination/
2006 Arima SeaHunter
2014 Suzuki 60 HP
2018 Suzuki 6 HP

StreamFixer

excellent find/link.  Thank you for posting it.  There is also a Marine Wiring Basics post in our Tips and Tricks section you might find useful.

StreamFixer
'01 Hewes Sportsman 18
'14 Yamaha 90
'01 T8 w/ solas 4 blade
'19 Minn Kota 80# (Alterra)
'97 19SC w/ Salt Boss Top

"By the grace of God we travel upon the rivers and sea..
They, like He, are mightier than me."  Mike Jesperson aka 'Nalu